Odd Arrangement

The 29-year old Kim Seokjin thought that the 25-year old Jeon Jungkook is too young to be his husband. Marrying his little brother's best friend felt odd but it was the kind of arrangement that couldn't be avoided. Despite all his efforts, Jungkook is just a little brother in Seokjin's eyes. Jungkook will do what it takes to prove to Seokjin that he is already a man.

Warning: smut scenes ahead :D

"Good morning, Jungkook." Seokjin smiled and greeted his husband as soon as Jungkook entered the dining room and sat on the chair. He served the breakfast on the table and joined Jungkook for breakfast.

"Good morning," Jungkook replied shortly. Silence ensued. No one bothered to strike a conversation after that. It was the usual routine for Jungkook: wake up, eat breakfast, go to work, go home and eat dinner alone sometimes, sleep on a separate room. But it can't be helped. He didn't want to make things more awkward between them. He didn't want to cross the line, not when he knew Seokjin only saw him as a little brother and nothing more.

Breakfast was always quiet and if they did talk, it was mostly about business or Seokjin trying to put up a random conversation. It's been five months since their marriage and there wasn't any progress. If anything their bond has turned into a mere business deal. Jungkook wished the marriage never happened if it would only go down the path where both of them will end up hurt.

He missed the times when he was young and everything was normal, when he and Taehyung were scolded by Seokjin when the latter found that he and Taehyung had played in the mud under the rain.

"Jungkook," Seokjin called out to him when he stood up and grabbed his dirty plate. Seokjin took the dishes from his hands and set it on the table. He watched as his husband fixed his tie. "Your tie is a bit crooked," Seokjin said as he smoothen his husband's suit. "You're just like before. Little Kookie hates wearing ties." Jungkook kept silent as he observed his husband's beautiful features.

"Thank you, hyung." Jungkook swallowed the pain. Deep inside he had always known that he's just a little brother in Seokjin's eyes. He cleared his throat and smiled. "I'll be going now," Jungkook said as he grabbed his briefcase and walked towards the door. Jungkook sighed as he entered his car. Unbeknownst to him Seokjin watched with sad eyes as he saw Jungkook drive away.

~~~

"Any progress?" Yoongi asked Jungkook as he settled on the plush cushions of Jungkook's office couch.

The young CEO ran a hand down his face. "Nothing, hyung. Still the same treatment. I don't know if this thing between us will work."

Yoongi looked at his cousin sympathetically. "Did you try talking to him? Marriage won't work without communication, Kook."

"I know. I just...I just don't want to make things more awkward between us. I am his little brother's best friend, Yoongi-hyung. He has always known me as a little brother too."

Yoongi smiled at his younger cousin. "And he'll always treat you one until you're old if you allow it. Talk to him, Jungkook-ah. I am sure he had his reasons too. I have to go. Hoseok is coming home from his business trip."

"Thanks for the advice, Yoongi-hyung. Please say 'Hi' to Hoseok-hyung for me," Jungkook said as he walked his cousin towards the door.

Jungkook sat back on his chair and looked at the photo of him and Seokjin on his desk. They were so young in the picture, each with wide smiles and icing on their faces. It was Taehyung's seventh birthday and Seokjin decided to join the fun when Jungkook rubbed some icing on their cheeks. He smiled at the memory. If only Seokjin knew how much he loves him.