Strawberries and Cigarettes

Seokjin hated cigarettes. He hated the smell of smoke coming from that lethal piece of death stick but he can't seem to get enough of Jungkook's smoke-kissed lips.

Vanilla, citrus, coffee, cinnamon, chocolate, and strawberries. Seokjin inhaled the heavenly scent that wafted the air inside the cozy café. "Good morning, Jinnie!" He was greeted by Hoseok's cheerful voice. Seokjin smiled at the barista as he made his way behind the counter to prepare the desserts.

"Morning, Hobi. That latte art is really cute." He greeted his co-worker as he tied the laces of his pink apron. The chime of the bell signaled the entrance of new comers. Two brown haired boys, one with a boxy smile, and one with an adorable eye smile greeted the males.

"Good morning Jin-hyung, good morning Hobi-hyung." The two college boys greeted.

"Hello Tae and Chim. You came here together again. Did you held hands all the way here?" Seokjin chuckled at Hoseok's teasing. He cooed at the sight of the faint blushes from the youngsters' cheeks.

"Leave them alone, Hobi-ah. They are getting shy. I bet they also shared a kiss." Seokjin added.

"Hyung! We just held hands!" Jimin grumbled earning a loud laugh from the two.

"He's right, hyung. Jimin wouldn't kiss me because he said I didn't brush my teeth but I did. I ate a sandwhich after brushing though but he's too conscious- hey ouch, Chim, that hurts." Taehyung whined after earning a slap on the arm.

"All of you are enthusiastic. How can you all have the energy this early in the morning?" A tall dimpled man appeared.

"Morning, Joonie." "Good morning Namjoon-hyung." They all greeted the male who also slipped on his apron and arranged the mugs on the table. "What can I help you with Jin-hyung? Can I help you make the cakes?" Namjoon asked.

"Just help Hobi with the coffee, Joon. You can also do the cashier work for today."

"But hyung, I wanna help this time. I promise I won't mess up-"

"No. The last time you said that, you burned a pan. Also you almost destroyed the oven and burned the cupcakes into crisp."

Hoseok snorted at Jin's remarks. It was a golden rule to never let Namjoon stay inside the kitchen for too long or else he will burn the whole café down. There was a time when Namjoon accidentally activated the fire alarm causing everyone to panic and fled outside the building. After series of explanations and apologies plus Seokjin declaring coupons for everyone, the matter was resolved. To put it in simple mathematical terms, Namjoon plus kitchen is equal to chaos.

The tall male pouted. "It's okay, Joonie. I have prepared most of the desserts last night. You can have the small strawberry shortcakes that I'll make later if there's any left." Namjoon's eyes twinkled. "Thanks, hyung! You're the best."

"Oh right. Speaking of strawberries, Mr. Han texted me earlier that he can't deliver today's supply because his truck broke down but he promised that next delivery is free." Hoseok informed everyone.

"No worries, Hobi. I'll just go to the market right now so that I can get the fresh ones and maybe make struck some deals," said Namjoon.

"Use the powers of your dimples, hyung. I'm pretty sure you can get the fruits for free." Taehyung joked.

"That is if it's from Jackson-hyung. Maybe we can have an extra supply." Jimin added and high-fived Taehyung. Loud laughter filled the place as Namjoon fled with a shy face. All the males resumed their work while waiting for the customers to arrive.

It was eleven in the morning when people started pouring in and filling the empty chairs. Seokjin manned the cash register after finishing his famous strawberry shortcakes, replacing Namjoon on the area so the latter could help Hoseok with the incoming orders as both Taehyung and Jimin were busy serving tables. Having a café full of handsome people sure do attract additional customers.