Mr. Perfect(ionist) (Part 1)

Jungkook hated unclear and inexact choices. He disliked uncertainties and vague answers. Everything is a matter of  Yes or No. Everything must be according to plan. But not to Seokjin. It's almost always unplanned when it comes to Seokjin. And for the first time in his college life, Mr. Perfect(ionist) Jeon's organized routine was disrupted by the sweet and spontaneous Kim Seokjin.

"...Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung. Kim Ahra and Shin Young-jae. Song Minhee and Go Hanbyul. And Jeon Jungkook and Kim Seokjin." A slight frown was etched on Jungkook's forehead after hearing the name of his supposed partner for the project. He was not really familiar with the person and only saw and heard about him just a couple of times. They were classmates in a subject but that was it. They haven't really interacted with each other. Nevermind. I'll just set some rules and plans that he'll follow. This will be quick. And where the hell is he?

Jungkook was getting annoyed. Everyone is talking to their partners already too immersed in making plans including his best friend Taehyung. His eyebrows went north. "That's weird. He doesn't like projects",  Jungkook thought as he looked at Taehyung who had a boxy grin and twinkling eyes, too absorbed in his conversation with Park Jimin. The opening of the door captured everyone's attention including their professor.

"Good morning, Professor Jo. I apologize for arriving late. I had to take my pet to the vet and there was no one else to do it for me." Jungkook stared at the new comer dressed in a pastel blue button-up tucked inside a pair of black dress pants, white sneakers, and soft pink cardigan.

"It's alright Seokjin. I just said the pairings for the project we had talked about last meeting. Go ahead and take a seat. You are paired with Jeon Jungkook." Jungkook expected that Seokjin would have that grateful expression as anyone else had whenever they were paired or grouped with him but to his surprise Seokjin only had a neutral expression as he took a glance at Jungkook. He muttered an almost inaudible "Oh", bowed and thanked Professor Jo, and made his way towards the unoccupied chair beside Jungkook.

"Hello Jungkook. I apologize for arriving late." Seokjin smiled and greeted his partner as he settled on the chair beside Jungkook.

"It's fine. Let's discuss the plan. We're quite behind the time." Jungkook replied, his face blank as he take a look at his wrist watch. "We're required to interview an owner of a small scale business and write our insights about how he made his business grow and what qualities he had that made him a good businessman.

"I suggest we go for the convenience store owner. He's nearest, easy to talk to, and his store is quite big. I understand that we have different schedules so I think it's better that we do this separately. Just email me your part of the interview and also your reflection and I will be the one to finalize it. Please send it to me not later than a week so that we will have an extra week to polish everything and we can pass early. That would be all. Are we clear?" Jungkook smiled internally. He was pretty sure that his plans are well-organized and Seokjin would agree until the latter spoke.

"No, I'm sorry. I did not get all of that." Seokjin's lips turned into a pout and Jungkook can't help but notice the plump lips. Jungkook sighed. He thought that his partner would be cooperative.

"As I said, we will-"

"No. Not about that. You said that we will do this separately." Seokjin added. For the first time in his college life Jeon Jungkook got interrupted. Moreover there was someone who disagreed with his well crafted plans.

"I thought I said it clear, Seokjin."

"Yes, I heard that Jungkook. But this project is by pair which means that we will do this together. I think the convenience store is nice but there are better options. I suggest we look around together and pick out the best choice. We are given two weeks for this project so why not use a day or two as selection time. After all, what we'll choose will be the foundation of this project."

Jungkook was taken aback. Usually his partners or groupmates would just agree to what he'll say because having the Jeon Jungkook is like having the biggest slice of pizza. A high grade is guaranteed when you're in the same group with him. He always like to do things his way which meant less work for others and more for him and that's how he wants it. He wants nothing to do with people who are not worth his time. No one says 'no' to the perfect, smart, and handsome Jeon Jungkook (except Taehyung of course) that is until he met Kim Seokjin.

A wave of Seokjin's hand cut Jungkook's train of thoughts. He didn't know he was unconsciously staring at the latter whose brows are scrunched up in confusion and the side of his plump lips pointing down into a pout. Cute. Jungkook thought. His eyes widened a bit. Crap. Did I say it out loud? He mentally panicked.

"So, what do you think, Jungkook? Do you agree?" Jungkook was relieved when Jin asked him a normal question instead of probing why he was being a creep for staring silently without saying a word. Jungkook nodded his head, a bit unsure of his action.

"Perfect. I look forward to working with you, Jeon." Seokjin flashed him a smile, adorable bread cheeks adding to his soft features. Jungkook was about to say something when the bell rang. He didn't have the time to protest when Jin hurriedly grabbed his bag, stood up, and faced Jungkook again. "I'll be going first, Jeon. I have a class to catch. See you around", Seokjin said then marched towards the door living a dumbfounded Jungkook.

"What the fuck? Who the hell does Kim Seokjin think he is? Crap. I forgot to ask his number and email address." Jungkook was seething in his seat. His perfect plan was dumped into an imaginary drain.

"I see you found yourself a challenge, Kookie. I bet you'll both have lots of fuuun~" Jungkook rolled his eyes at his best friend.

"Shut up, Tae. I am not even the slightest bit amused. I just hope he's not a pain in the ass." Just, wait Kim Seokjin. You'll be listening to me next time. Jungkook stormed off the room followed by an amused Taehyung.

Annyeong, yeorobun!

How are you doing? I really like Jinkook college aus so I decided to write one hehe. Please do tell me what you think. The next part might take a few days because I need to process some things. I hope that I did not fully bore all of you to death with my previous long stories. Thank you for dropping by! 😊 Stay safe always :)))

-Meesa