The Hot Intruder (Part 3)

"I really want to know you more," Jungkook's statement rolled in Seokjin's head like the tape reels of an old cassette. Was he really serious? How could someone fall for a person just by a single picture or a video? The idea was absurd but if it had any sheer chance of possibility, how many pictures and videos of him had Jungkook witnessed?

"This is driving me crazy," Seokjin mumbled as he rolled over the bed hugging his alpaca plushie tightly. He closed his eyes hoping for slumber to come but the image of Jungkook's toned body and boyish smirk flooded his mind. Seokjin's eyes shot open as he sprung up from the bed and sat against the headbord. "Oh my god. What am I even thinking?" He squinted his eyes, trying to adjust to the sudden brightness of his phone as he looked at the time. It was half past eleven already and Seokjin has been tossing and turning for the past hour.

"Maybe a glass of milk could help," Seokjin thought. His feet padded all the way to the kitchen fridge only to find out he had ran out of milk. Sighing to himself, he closed the fridge and walked back to his room. The art curator plopped on the bed and made himself comfortable. Not even a minute later, Jungkook's words delved into his brain robbing him of his peaceful night. "See you tomorrow." Nope. Not a chance. Seokjin decided that he'd lock himself in the house and hope not to cross paths with his neighbor's hot and handsome grandson across the street.

~~~

The sound of multiple doorbells woke Seokjin up from his sleep. "Who the hell would wake someone up at this hour?" Seokjin mumbled as he squinted at the alarm clock on the bedside table. It was already half past eight in the morning.

Seokjin trudged towards the door while rubbing sleep away from his eyes. He wasn't sure what time he had finally fallen asleep and the lack of it is making him a bit cranky especially being woken up with a series of annoying doorbells. Yanking the door open, he greeted the unknown early bird opposite him with a small pout.

"Good morning, Seokjin," the familiar voice instantly jolted the art curator from his sleepy state. Standing before him was the culprit of his sleep deprivation.

"Jungkook...?" Seokjin stood frozen, gaping at the sight of the person he was set on avoiding. The latter was clad in a pair of black shorts and a black hoodie with rolled out sleeves, his tattooed forearm visible under the bright sunlight. Jungkook looked like a typical college bad boy, far from being the Jeon Industries' operations director.

Jungkook eyed Seokjin from head to toe. The art curator looked so adorable in a pair of alpaca-printed striped pajamas. "Did I wake you up? I'm sorry. I thought you're already up at this hour. I wanted to return your tupperware," Jungkook said.

"Oh..." Realization dawned on Seokjin. "This is what he meant by 'see you tomorrow,'" Seokjin thought. He received the tupperware expecting Jungkook to leave after but the latter stood at him with the same boyish smile. Seokjin stood awkwardly hoping that Jungkook had already forgotten their previous conversation. "Please let him forget. Please let him-"

"So, have you thought about it?" Jungkook asked. "I'm really serious about you, Seokjin." The art curator blinked a couple of times at the sudden question. Could he be more awake than his current state? It hasn't been half an hour since he woke up and there were already two bizarre things that happened in his usual quiet morning: one, being the early bird Jungkook standing in front of his door and two, being the early bird Jungkook catching him offguard with his direct question.

"Um...is this really a question you'd normally ask in the morning?" Seokjin asked hoping to dispel the air of awkwardness and to lure Jungkook out of the topic. He's really grandma Sun-hye's grandson. Once determined, there's no backing out.