Mr. Anpanman

After fetching his younger cousin from the daycare, Seokjin was horrified to find Soobin with a patched up bleeding knee and a new set of vocabulary which consisted of profanities that he learned from a certain Mr. Anpanman. And Seokjin is eager to know who this Anpanman is.

"Oh my God! Soobinnie, what happened?!" Seokjin cried as soon as he saw the state his younger cousin was in. There was a band aid placed on his right knee, a little scratch on his right cheek, and clothes a bit dirty. Instead of a crying face, Seokjin was greeted by an enthusiastic and grinning Soobin.

"Jin-hyung! I met Mr. Anpanman today and he is fucking awesome!" Seokjin's ears rang on a particular word. He wasn't sure if he heard it right. Soobin speaking his first profanity? What on earth?

"Soobin! Don't say that. That's a bad word. Did Mr. Anpanman did this to you? Who is he?" Seokjin rained some questions on his cousin as they started walkinh home, eager to know what happened.

"No, hyung. I fell to the ground when a ball hit me and Mr. Anpanman treated my knee. He also talked to the one who threw the ball and made him apologize because he wouldn't. He said that the boy was a shithead because shitheads don't know how to say sorry."

Seokjin almost fainted on the spot after hearing the series of curses from his younger brother. Though he was thankful for this certain Mr. Anpanman, he wasn't happy with his choice of words especially when talking to young kids like Soobin.

"Soobin-ah? What did I tell you about meeting and talking to strangers?" Seokjin reminded his younger cousin as they entered their home.

"That is bad and it is a big no-no because they will steal Soobin's candies and will make Soobin cry," the younger one answered with a small pout, earning a nod and a satisfied grin from Jin.

"That's right, Binnie! Now, always remember that okay? If you don't then hyung will be sad." Seokjin said to his cousin who just nodded in response. But little Soobin is stubborn. He will have to keep a little secret from his Seokjin-hyung in order to meet his Mr. Anpanman.

~~~

"Anpanman-hyung!" Soobin called as he ran towards the man who was sitting on the playground swing.

"Hello there, little buddy. Is your knee okay?" Jungkook greeted the younger who happily sat on the swing beside him. Soobin nooded enthusiastically and let Jungkook see his right knee with a new patch decorated a smiley.

"Yes, hyung. Jinnie-hyung even put a smiley." Soobin beamed but the thought of his older cousin filled Soobin with regret. "Oh, I think I should go now, Anpanman-hyung. Jinnie-hyung said not to talk to strangers because they will steal my candy and make me cry and then Jin-hyung will be sad." Soobin looked at the ground and started tearing up. "I don't wanna make Jinnie-hyung sad."

Jungkook froze when he saw tears from the younger's eyes. Crap, how do you comfort a crying child? Fuck I'm not good at this. Are you supposed to give them money when they're crying? Jungkook internally panicked.

Jungkook crouched down to meet Soobin's eyes. "Bud, am I a stranger to you?" Jungkook gently asked the younger who shook his head. "Right. I am your Anpanman-hyung and your Anpanman-hyung will protect you from strangers and bullies, okay?" Jungkook tried to calm young boy. "Wow. I look like a bully," he thought.

"Soobin!" A loud voice filled the play ground. Seokjin frantically charged at the pair, eyes trained on the sobbing Soobin. The latter stood up from the swing and and ran towards his Jinnie-hyung. Seokjin crouched down and inspected Soobin afraid that he was harmed.

"Soobin-ah, are you okay? Are you hurt? Seokjin gently squished his younger cousin's face between his palms after giving him a tight hug. "I told you not to wander and just stay inside the classroom and wait for me. You made me worry."