Yours (Part 2 - End)

Never did Seokjin thought he would meet ex-fiancé again. There was a point when he wished he could see him, breathe the same air as him, occupy the same space as him but that was before he had moved on. That was before he had almost gotten over him-or so he thought. Because the mere sight of Taehyung brought back a hundred memories with just one glance. Now he is in his room, locked inside, and shut himself from the outside world.

The house was awfully quiet but Jungkook's thoughts were running loud in his head as he stepped inside finding Seokjin's bag and coat scattered on the floor. He had stayed inside his car parked in front of Omelas for half an hour to digest the scenes that occured earlier. With a loud sigh, he turned his key and drove home.

"Hyung? Are you okay?" He asked after knocking softly on Seokjin's door trying to make it sound casual. "I didn't know you're home already. I went out minutes after you left. I saw your things on the floor when I went in," Jungkook added.

Lies.

Of course he knew what exactly happened but he wasn't sure how to bring it up. Does he even have the right to bring it up? Taehyung was a past and all pasts are anchored memories in someone's life. He is just a housemate, someone who had been pining, someone whose lines between love and friendship are blurred enough that Seokjin haven't straighten it yet for him. Nor does he have the courage to do it for himself.

"Hyung, is everything alright?" Jungkook asked again but was greeted by silence. He sighed. Nothing will ever coax him to open the door. He could only give the one thing Seokjin needed the most-space.

"I'm always here if you're ready to talk to, okay?" Jungkook said. Always, always here waiting, Jungkook thought to himself. He took one last glance at Seokjin's door then walked away.

For the whole week, Seokjin locked himself inside his room refusing to go out except going to the bathroom. Jungkook rarely saw him leave his room and when he did, he was always greeted by silence and avoidance. Yet even in Seokjin's days of seclusion, Jungkook would always knock on his door to let him know if he's already home from work, or that he's going out, or that he set aside some food for him.

~~~~~~~

The clacking of plates against the kitchen sink, the of sizzling oil, the smell of bacon and coffee had woken up Jungkook at 6:45 in the morning. Letting out a huge yawn, he rose from his bed and trudged towards the kitchen all sleepy and confused.

"Morning, Kook. Did I wake you up?" Seokjin said as he saw the latter in the middle of kitchen with a look of surprised on his face. "I'm sorry I haven't had the time to cook for us for the whole week. I was just going through a lot of...things," he added as he placed a plate of kimbap and fried spam on the table.

Jungkook thought he must be dreaming. Is this even real?, he thought to himself as he did a double take at Seokjin who is all dressed in a plain light blue button-up and a pair of black pants.

"Hyung? Is everything...alright?" Jungkook asked carefully, now fully awake. All the sleepiness gone the moment he saw Seokjin. He had missed him so much even though they live together under the same roof. Seokjin just looked at him for a good few seconds before cracking up a smile. "I'm fine. Just...catching up with a mountain of pending tasks that I left untouched."

Liar, Jungkook thought to himself but nevertheless nodded.

"I'll be home later than usual. I already made lunch." Seokjin said as he wore his satchel, ready to leave for work. But before he could, Jungkook suddenly grabbed his arm gently making him halt his actions.

Jungkook looked into his eyes as if searching. There are a lot of things he wanted to ask. Lots of things he wanted to say but decided to hold back. No. Now's not the time, he thought to himself. "Want me to give you a ride, hyung?" he asked instead.