Mr. Perfect(ionist) (Part Three -End)

"Holy shit, is this an angel? Am I dead?," It was the first thing Jungkook thought as he opened his eyes and saw white. Just an hour ago he was sitting under a bench shaded by a tree. It's leaves merely blocking the sunlight from burning his eyes so he shut his lids and eventually dozed off.

"How am I in heaven?" He squinted at the form standing before him, marvelling at the man in white cardigan with light pouring above and behind.

"Jungkook? Are you okay?" The soft sound of Seokjin's voice slapped him back to reality. "My class just ended. If you're not feeling well, we can still do this tomorrow." Seokjin's soft and worried voice  snapped him out of his reverie.

"I'm fine. Just dozed off. I'm glad that you're not late. Let's go and do this quickly." Jungkook stood up from the bench and walked ahead of Jin, steps quicker than normal. He wasn't really in a hurry. It's just that Jungkook was embarrassed.

The Perfect Mr. Jeon got flustered before Kim Seokjin.

What the hell are you doing, Jungkook? Get a fucking grip! Jungkook mentally cursed and walked faster when he heard steps nearing him. Of course he's not going to let Kim Seokjin see the pink hues of his cheeks.

~~~

"That was the 6th store we checked out, Jin. I told you the convenience store was the best option." The two males were sitting on a bench, too tired and drained from all the walking and talking.

"It doesn't feel right to me, Jungkook. The owner is downright haughty. I interviewied one of the part-timers. He said he was not getting the standard pay." Seokjin shook his head as he tried to explain.

"That's because it was the store's policy to make sure that workers stick to the contract, Jin. The owner said that after a month people will get the standard pay and even receive a bonus. If only we just followed my plan then things wouldn't be so difficult." Jungkook was on the verge of erupting, his tone raised.

Seokjin sighed. He tried to remain calm and explained his side. "Receiving a bonus doesn't necessarily mean it's good, Jungkook. Especially when you're treated unfairly from the start. The owner let them work overtime sometimes with no extra pay."

"Then that's for the paper, Jin. Did you understand the project? The whole point was just to pick a thriving small-scale business, discuss strategies, put insights then we are done! That's all and all you have to do is send me your part!" Jungkook roared, hitting Jin with every blow of his harsh words.

Seokjin flinched at the loud voice. He wanted to lash out too. All this time he was clenching his fists, nails digging into the skin of his palms. Despite Jungkook's demeaning behavior, he maintained his composure.

"Fine. If that's what you want then let's do that." He looked directly at Jungkook, eyes a little bit glossy. Seeing no point in arguing and explaining, Jin decided to drop his case.

Jungkook's heart clenched when he saw Jin's expression. Maybe I overdid it a little. You fucked up, Kook! Jungkook bit his lip and sighed. But Jeon Jungkook is not the one to apologize.

"It's getting late. I'll just text you the details. Let's continue this tomorrow. Jungkook avoided Jin's gaze. He can feel his guilt eating his insides. Jungkook stood up from the bench but landed back on his seat when he felt immense pain in his stomach.

"Jungkook!" Jin called out, voice laced with worry and concern. "What happened? Are you okay? I told you that we can do this some other time." He sat nearer to his partner whose eyes were tightly shut. Suddenly Seokjin remembered that Jungkook did not eat earlier.