Mr. Anpanman: Hero

Jungkook does not want to be only Soobin's hero. He wants something more, something that involves Soobin's older cousin Kim Seokjin.

A tattooed hand sketched meticulously every detail of warm chocolate eyes and plump lips on the paper carving the delicate features of the man Jungkook can't seem to erase from his mind. He tried to draw all the lines and curves he had memorized.

"Soft brown hair. Done. Chocolate eyes. Check. Plump lips, ah I wonder how they-"

"-kook. Jungkook-ssi." A familiar honey voice roused Jungkook from his reverie. His breath was taken away when he looked up to the man whose face he was trying to eternalize in his sketchbook.

"Is this magic? Did my drawing came to life?" He didn't realize he was gaping until Seokjin cleared his throat.

"We need to talk, Mr. Jeon." A sudden wave of nervousness washed over Jungkook as he watched Jin sat on the same bench, a stern look etched on the handsome face.

"Look, I really appreciate that you became Soobin's friend and that I can trust you with him but can you please sensor a bit of the grown-up words?"

Seokjin bit his lips as he played with his fingers. He didn't want to sound like a "soccer mom" negatively depicted from the movies but he knew no other solutions to prevent Soobin from blurting a chain of new curses.

"I'm sorry. I don't want to sound mean or anything and I don't think you're a bad person but I can't control the people who are around Soobin. He really likes you and I'm not going to forbid him from talking to you."

Seokjin held his breath as he waited for Jungkook's reply, anxious that the latter would take his words negatively. But all his worries vanished when Jungkook cutely nodded smiled sheepishly.

"Oh shit. Right. Crap- I-I mean I'm sorry about Soobin's colorful language and I'm sorry for cursing just right now. I promise that it will never ever happen again." Jungkook raised his hand as if he was taking an oath.

Seokjin couldn't help but laugh a little because Jeon Jungkook is an adorable mess just like Soobin whenever the latter did something wrong and would apologize immediately. He found both of them similar in some ways making him wonder who's the real older cousin.

"Well then, that settles it. Thank you, Jungkook-ssi," said Seokjin. He noticed the open sketchbook on Jungkook's lap, the drawing blocked by the latter's inked hand. "Oh, you were drawing something? That looks good." Seokjin tried to peer over the paper. He couldn't see much but he knew it looked amazing based from the skillful strokes.

Jungkook gulped. Shit. Fuck. Crap. He might get me wrong. "Ah, yes. But it's not even half finished." Seokjin went a bit more closer and Jungkook knew he'd be done for.

"Jinnie-hyung, Mr. Anpanman-hyung!" Soobin's loud voice diverted Seokjin's attention and Jungkook thanked the heavens and all the other gods and especially Soobin for sparing his ass. "Damn. That was close," he thought.

"Jinnie-hyung. You remember the field trip tomorrow, right? I'm so excited to go to the zoo!" Soobin gushed as he sat between Jungkook and Seokjin.

Seokjin's eyes widen. He forgot about the trip and coincidentally he had a cooking competition in their class tomorrow and the winners would get an opportunity to learn under skilled hotel restaurant chefs for a day. He can't let that opportunity slip away.

He looked at Soobin with guilt in his eyes. "Soobin-ah, I'm sorry hyungie cannot accompany you tomorrow. Hyung's got an important event on the same day," Seokjin explained. He didn't fail to notice the look of disappointment in Soobin's eyes.