Pinky Promise (Part 3 - End)

TW: Violent scenes ahead. Not a lot but there's blood :D

Jungkook felt the coldness of the night breeze when he walked outside the door. The tray containing the wine glasses, a bowl of ice, and chilled wine shook subtly when he felt a gust of cold wind hit him. The air was extra salty and the festive scene before him left a bitter taste in his mouth. He felt so out of place that all he wanted to do was to find a boat and row himself back home but the thought of Seokjin made him stay. "Just endure tonight, Kook, and everything will be fine." he thought to himself. "Everything will be over soon."

Gripping the tray handles firmly, Jungkook walked towards the ladies with careful steps. The women were seated a few meters away from the gentlemen who were already immeresed on a topic Taehyung was talking about.

"I already opened the wine bottle eomma," Jungkook said as he bent down and placed the tray beside a charcuterie board.

"Thank you, hunny. Do you want to have a drink with us?" Mina asked.

"Ah, no. I promised to do something with, Seokjin-hyung."

Sohee giggled. "Ah, the thing he says your tradition? My son can be ridiculous and childish sometimes. I'm gald you could put up with his whims, Jungkook."

Jungkook smiled and nodded. "It's fine, auntie. It's Seokjin-hyung who always put up with me. I'll head inside now."

"I envy you, unnie." Sooyoung said to Mina. "If only Seokhoon was that sweet. I wonder who that child took after."

"Probably from the asshole you fucked," Jungkook said to himself as he walked away and entered the house again. He looked at the glasses of negronis he made earlier and smirked. He placed the cocktails on the tray and went outside.

"What's this, Kook?" Jowon asked as he watched his son put the drinks on their table.

"I prepared something, appa. I hope it suits your taste."

"Thank you, Jungkook. This looks fancy." Byunghan said and grabbed a glass.

"Wow! That looks nice, Kook. Looks like it was made by a professional," Taehyung said as he admired the drinks.

Jowon went ahead and took a sip. "It really hits the spot. Where did you learn to do this?"

"Just some club party I was invited to. The bartender taught me that. I put something in it," Jungkook said with a smile.

Taehyung froze and looked at Jungkook. The latter broke into a chuckle. "I was just kidding, hyung. I just put what the bartender taught me. It's harmless. I'm not gonna poison you."

Taehyung just smiled awkwardly.

"Why don't you join us?" Byunghan asked.

"I'm sorry, uncle. I have to decline. I'm super light weight. Also, I promised to do something with Seokjin-hyung. He must be waiting."

"Oh right! He's been waiting for you, Kook. He's been bugging me to find you. He said you were taking so long. I bet he's sulking by now," Taehyung said fondly.

Jungkook just smiled and nodded but deep inside it irked him how Taehyung looked at his Seokjin hyung but he knew he didn't have the right to complain. He'll have to endure everything for now. Everyone in his sight will disappear soon anyway.

~~~

"I thought you ditched me and drank all the banana milk by yourself." Seokjin said with a huge pout.

Jungkook chuckled as he approached the older male, a small jug on his right hand and a basket filled with seven cartons of banana milk and a wine glass inside. "I would never do that to you, hyung," he said.