Pinky Promise (Part 2)

"Let me carry it for you, hun."

"No! Do I look like a fragile boy to you, Kim Taehyung?!"

"What- No!"

"Then I'll carry my bags myself," Seokjin sassed as he walked longer steps towards the beach house leaving Taehyung behind.

It was noon time when they arrived at the island. Everyone was helping each other unload their things from the boat. The two-storey pastel blue beach house sat on the white sand with coconut trees and other tropical plants decorating the view. Jungkook scanned the area. He saw the caretaker approaching them from the small hut beside the house.

"They remind me of us," Mina said as he looked at her husband and elbowed him on the ribs.

Jowon just chuckled. "Your attacks are as painful as they were when we were still dating. Good thing Jungkook did not get your violent personality but he did sure get his strength from yours."

Mina just rolled her eyes and elbowed her husband on the same area again. "What are you saying? I am a lovely woman and Jungkook grew up lovely as well. He got it from me," Mina boasted making Jungkook chuckle to himself.

"How's that possible? Jungkook did not directly come from you, auntie," Seokhoon said. It was an innocent joke on the surface but Jungkook knew it was an indirect insult.

"Seokhoon!" Sooyoung reprimanded her son in a harsh whisper.

Dead silence fell on the once cheery atmosphere. Gone were the playful banters coming from Jungkook's parents.

"It's okay, auntie. Seokhoon was just telling the truth," Jungkook said calmly. Talking about his background was a taboo within the family. It was a forbidden story only discussed in hushed tones when he's not around but Jungkook knew it had become the bedtime stories for adults.

"I kinda agree with Seokhoon, though. I sometimes wonder how Jungkook got some of aunt Mina's good traits when they're not really blood related and I think it's amazing. I also sometimes wonder about you, Seokhoon," Seokjin said with fake concern, one which Jungkook knew was laced with poisonous sarcasm. He looked at the older as if pleading him to stop but Seokjin just replied with a playful wink and mouthed "watch me".

"What about me?" Seokhoon asked, confusion contorting his features.

Seokjin stood beside Jungkook and slung an arm around his shoulders. "You don't look like aunt Sooyoung at all. Also, uncle Jinmo is a big man. How come you're shorter and smaller than Jungkook?"

Taehyung almost failed not to snicker. Seokhoon started to turn red. It was true, though. Seokhoon didn't get his mother's good looks nor his father's big and lean stature. Seokhoon is a lanky boy full of insecurities which Seokjin loved to point out whenever the latter was picking on Jungkook.

"Stop it, hyung," Jungkook whispered. Seokjin just sent him another wink. Though thankful with the older's retorts, he didn't want the petty remarks to spoil the short vacation.

"I wonder where he got his looks from," Sooyoung said to lighten up the mood.

The rest of the adults chuckled. Seokhoon scoffed and grab a few boxes then walked towards the beach house. Jowon and Byunghan set up the grill and chairs for the barbecue. Taehyung offered to help. The ladies carried the remaining boxes leaving Seokjin and Jungkook alone with the heavy bags.

"Hyung, that was too much," Jungkook said.

"What are you talking about? I was just warming up," Seokjin replied. Jungkook chuckled at Seokjin's mischief.

"Glad that Taehyung-hyung did not run away from you," Jungkook teased.

"Ah that asshat won't ever leave me. He loves me too much," Seokjin said as he chuckled fondly.