Valentine's Day Special: Happy Together

Jungkook had it all planned out — a lovely surprise for his boyfriend but things didn't turn out the way he wanted it to be and Seokjin had the surprise of his lifetime.

"I'm sorry, baby. Just one more hour and I'll be home. I'll just wrap everything up with the auditor and you can have me for the rest of the night." Seokjin bit his lip apologetically as he looked at the sulking face of his boyfriend on the phone screen. He was supposed to be home an hour ago and spend a "fassionate" night (as what Jungkook had labeled as fun and passionate) but the company auditor came late and both the president and vice president had important things to deal with.

"I get it. You don't love me anymore. You love that auditor more than me."  Jungkook pouted to which Seokjin just rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"Kookie, she's married with three kids already," Seokjin said as he twirled in his chair.

"You look comfy sitting there. Why don't you spend Valentine's Day with that chair instead? You can marry it for all I care."

"I swear you're so dramatic. Maybe I should dump you and be with my office chair instead," Seokjin smiled amusedly.

"Nope. Not a chance, baby. Your chair might be comfy but not as comfy as my lap," Jungkook winked as he stretched his hand to show the view of his thick thighs and tap them twice.

Seokjin laughed while trying to hide his pink cheeks. "Maybe I should really dump you." He thought he saw a strand of familiar brown wavy hair at the corner of his screen. "Wait. Who's that? Is that Taehyung?"

"What? There's no one here in the house other than me," Jungkook replied.

"Okay...? We'll resume with the meeting in a few minutes. I'll make it up to you when I get home. I love you."

"I love you most," Jungkook replied with his bunny smile that never failed to melt Seokjin's heart even after four years of dating. He put his phone in his pocket after Jungkook disconnected and went back inside the conference room to settle all the remaining work.

"I apologize again for being late. I didn't expect the flight to be delayed," Mrs. Waters said to Seokjin. The meeting had gone smoothly to everyone's delight. It had been a tiring day for the rest of the team.

"It's okay, Mrs. Waters. Really, it's not your fault. It must have been hard to be away with your loved ones especially during this day," Seokjin said.

"It was hard at first but my husband and kids have gotten used to it but I always make sure to make it up for them. Love entails sacrifice but it's all worth it in the end," the auditor said. "Did you have plans with someone, Mr. Kim?" she asked.

Seokjin smiled at the thought of his pouting Kookie. His boyfriend must be sulking in their apartment, waiting for him to come home. "I did and I, too, shall make it up to him."

After a series of pleasantries and short talk about work and family Seokjin sent the auditor off in a company car and decided to call it a night.

"Good work, everyone. Now go home and spend your time with your loved ones," Seokjin smiled at his team as they all walked out of the conference room.

He could feel the exhaustion catching up to him from staying up all night for a week, making sure the presentation was perfect but just the thought of Jungkook filled him with so much energy that he can't wait to throw himself at the strong and comfortable arms of Jungkook — the person who has been his home away from home.

Seokjin tapped his fingers against the steering wheel as he waited for the light to turn green. The streetlights look pretty with all the Valentine's Day decorations and everything looked so bright and romantic. He gazed at the elderly couple who are holding hands on the sidewalk.