The Beast

Jungkook has forgotten how to love and how it is to be loved but everything changed when he saw the prettiest flower in his garden and all he wanted to do was shower it with utmost care.

Seokjin took a deep breath before knocking on the huge oak doors of the huge mansion. The rumor that the mansion was said to be the place where the "beast" lives didn't help to calm his nerves.

The first time is always the hardest, Seokjin. You have to make a good impression. This is for eomma. This is for eomma's health. Everything's gonna be fine.

His pep talks were interrupted when the wooden doors creaked open and he came face to face with a pale man with ash grey hair, wearing a suit. His eyes were calculating as he looked at Seokjin's small frame.

"Go-good morning, mister. I am Kim Seokjin. I heard the owner of this place needed a gardener. I can fill in for the spot." Seokjin bowed deeply with eyes shut tightly as he felt his heart beat faster.

"Follow me," the pale man said. Seokjin had to take longer strides to catch up with the butler.

"What a huge yet lonely house," Seokjin thought as his brown orbs scanned the interior of the mansion as they marched up the carpeted stairs. The walls were beige and the windows reached up to ceiling where pretty chandeliers hanged. Only the sound of their steps were heard against the marble floors.

They entered another room with beige walls and grand book shelves opposite the door. There was a fireplace on the right with plush couches facing it, and a wide mahogany desk at the center near the windows.

"Master Jeon, this kid here wants to work as a gardener," the pale man said to the other male seated behind the desk.

Seokjin looked at the man in awe as he stood up and walked towards him. He was clad in a dark shirt under a maroon vest and black pants with matching black coat.

"So handsome," Seokjin muttered under his breath. The rumors were all lies. Before him wasn't a beast but a handsome bachelor. The man raised a brow and only did Seokjin realized what he had done.

"Ni-nice to meet you, sir! I am Kim Seokjin." Seokjin bowed deeply, unable to meet the man's dark and piercing stare.

"How old are you, kid?" the man asked. He observed Seokjin from head to toe.

"I am eighteen years old, sir."

"And why do you think you want to work here?" the man asked plainly. He looked at Seokjin's clothing. Those weren't made from expensive materials but he was certain those weren't cheap.

Seokjin bit his bottom lip. "I need extra money, sir. My father died a year ago and he left us enough money but I still need more for my mother's medication and for our daily expenses," Seokjin said. He didn't want to tell a sob story but it was the truth. The man only hummed as he stared at Seokjin's soft brown eyes.

"Yoongi, take him to the garden."

Seokjin's jaw dropped as he saw the devastating state of the garden. There were tall weeds everywhere and most of the rose bushes were dying. It seemed like life was sucked out from the place.

"Do you still want to work after seeing everything?" Seokjin was startled when he heard the voice of the owner.

"Of course, sir! My mother likes gardening and I usually help her in the garden. You can count on me!" Seokjin said determinedly, bread cheeks coming into view as he smiled.

"You'll work here everyday from morning to afternoon except on weekends. Your payment will be given every two weeks."

Seokjin almost cried in happiness. He bowed deeply at his employer. "Thank you so much, sir! I won't disappoint you!"