Mr. Rank 2

Kim Seokjin was always first in everything until Jeon Jungkook came and messed up his rank. Jungkook thought Seokjin is hella adorable when mad. What happens when two are paired for a contest that entails cooperation yet one of them loathes the other? Things will be fun.

Seokjin pushed through the crowd of students pooling in front of the announcement board. His chocolate orbs scanned the paper containing the source of his sleepless nights and all the gruelling hours spent in the library.

"Damn, at least I'm not at the bottom."
"Wow my grades improved."
"I knew it. The topics were hard for this quarter."

Seokjin smirked at the last remark. "Hard? Everything was easy peasy," he thought as his eyes trailed towards the topmost portion of the list "bet I'm first. There's no way I'm not ranked first- what the hell?!" Seokjin could not believe his eyes as he clenched his fist in annoyance because all his efforts crumbled when he saw his name beside the word "Rank 2" again for the nth fucking time. And to add more salt to his wounded pride his name was under the Rank 1 Golden Boy Jeon Jungkook.

"Ah, I didn't know they'll release it today." Seokjin's head snapped towards the direction of his nemesis, the only guy who managed to snatch his spot. Seokjin gave a subtle glare at the student who stood beside him but Jungkook, in all his glory, seemed unbothered standing a few feet away from Seokjin, both hands tucked inside his pockets and a sly smile on his face.

"You did very well during this quarter, Mr. Rank 2," Jungkook said as he glanced at Seokjin. The atmosphere suddenly became thick when Seokjin made no response. Their classmates' eyes darted between the Golden Boy and the Silver Prince. It was no secret that the two never got along but it was more pressing in Seokjin's part who bit his bottom lip while showing evident distaste towards the other. Jungkook's eyes landed on the pink flesh that made him lick his lips unconsciously but soon averted his eyes when the bell cut his slightly indecent thoughts. The crowd dispersed leaving him and Seokjin alone.

"Cut the compliments, Jeon. We all know you don't mean it." Seokjin was beyond annoyed when Jungkook smirked in response.

"What? I was just congratulating our Mr. Rank 2."

Seokjin momentarily closed his eyes and took a deep breath to calm down. "What an asshole," he thought. "Okay, whatever. I don't need it." Seokjin scoffed then, turned on his heel and walked away from the Golden Boy. Jungkook stared at Seokjin's retreating figure especially the fat ass that was perfectly outlined by the dark blue trousers. "Damn that was feisty and sexy," he mentally whispered. He bit his lip as he watched Seokjin walk away.

~~~

"I'll announce the result of the test this coming Friday also that will be the deadline of the assignment. If there are no questions, class is dismissed," Mrs. Song announced to the whole class. Cheers of relief and chatters of students filled the room as most of them rushed towards the exit for other extracurricular activities or plans after school. Seokjin was fixing his things when he was called by Mrs. Song along with his nemesis.

"Seokjin, Jungkook, may I have a word with the both of you?" The two males stood before the desk. "The Chemistry Quiz Bowl is near and you two are the best students I have. I want both of you to represent the school as a pair," Mrs. Song smiled as she looked at her two best students.

"Yes, Mrs. Song-" "What?" Two pairs of eyes looked at Seokjin.

"Is there a problem, Seokjin?"

"Yes- I-I mean no. I'd like to represent the school, Mrs. Song, but why does it have to be with Jungkook?" Seokjin asked with a hint of dislike in his voice. He spared Jungkook a glance who raised a brow as a response. "I mean what about Namjoon?" Seokjin thought he heard Jungkook scoffed.