Chapter 7: Hyrule Field

The Southeastern area of Hyrule Field was a dangerous place, with Moblin Camps and Bokoblin Bases at seemingly every corner.

Riding on Epona as she galloped across the seemingly endless grassland was an epic and beautiful experience that sped things up as they made their way to Gatepost Town.

Gatepost Town was a small village on the border of Central Province and Necluda Province that housed several Hylian Soldiers, and was a spot for the Zora, Sheikah, and Hylian tribes to merge and connect.

Link and Aryll entered the town, the strange Hylian Guards not even checking or inspecting them.

According to what Link knew, Hylian guards showed their faces and had grey suits of armor, but these soldiers had dark helmets which covered everything but their red eyes, and they were covered in Golden Armor.

Link and Aryll passed the guards on Epona, and in the town a Guard was having a fight with a Zora Family of three

"Leaves us alone!" the Zora man shouted "We've done nothing wrong!"'

"Yeah" a Hylian bartender in a suit agreed "Their innocent"

"They have spoken against the laws of Lord Astor" the guard grumbled

"You mean Dragmire!" the Zora shouted "The filthy man whose name is only spoken in rumors, rumors that say he commands the monsters in Hyrule and is behind your filthy Lord Astor and your filthy Yiga Clan allies!"

"You have committed ten crimes" the soldier spoke in a dark voice, and he and a few other soldiers took the Zora man, woman, and child away to prison

"Send them to the Castle Town Prison until the next execution event" a soldier whispered to another one

Link tied Epona to a pole by a house, and walked around, purchasing some fish and mushrooms at a local market with some of his rupees.

Aryll looked up into the night sky with her telescope, as the sun set for the end of another day

"C'mon Aryll" Link said "It's late, we should stay in the Inn"

Link had only 5 rupees left, and a hotel bed cost thirty rupees.

There was a solution: sell the collected monster parts he had

Link sold all of his monster parts for a total of 50 rupees, so he had 20 rupees left after the bed was rented.

The next morning, Link and Aryll left the Inn, only to see familiar faces

"Mayor Bo?" Link asked a familiar fat and jolly man in surprise "And Ilia?"

"Yes" Ilia replied as Mayor Bo chuckled in delight "It is us. We've been staying here since the escape from the Bulblin Raid"

"How is Rusl?" Link asked

"He's with his Resistance people in Castle Town" Mayor Bo replied "How have you two been? And what brings you way out here?"

"It's a long story" Link sighed "Do you mind, uh, taking care of Aryll, for a long period of time?"

"Nope" Mayor Bo chuckled "Ain't much to do around here, so another person to talk to is always welcome!"

"Yeah" Ilia agreed "Aryll is welcome to stay with us as long as she needs!"

"Bye Sis" Link said

"Bye Big Brother!" Aryll waved at Link

"I'm gonna tell Mayor Bo and Ilia about our adventures! So Uncle died and then I was captured by Bokoblins and then Link went to the mountains to rescue me and then we found a spring in the faron woods and link went to a magic temple and met the Kokiri and went to a lake and we saw a dragon and got a scale and link is actually the hero of hyrule and now we came here!"

"Can you start from the beginning" Mayor Bo sighed "And go a tad bit slower?"

Ilia waved goodbye as Link boarded Epona, and left Gatepost Town.

During the next hour, Link rode Epona across Hyrule Field, and came to the Hyrule Garrison, a military outpost where a squad of soldiers was marching around

"Hello!" Link waved to the soldiers "Do you know where to go if I'm not sure what to do with my life?"

"Who are you?" one of the corrupted soldiers grumbled

"I'm Link" Link said "A magic statue told me I'm the Hero of Hyrule or something and I don't know what to do-"

"Kill him!" a soldier screeched "He's the Hero!"

"Run Link!" Navi yelped, and Link forgot Epona and ran as the attacking Soldiers pursued him, swinging their Soldier's Broadswords.

"I don't want to fight you!" Link called to the soldiers after they had chased him for a while "You're real people, not monsters, even if you act like evil monsters!"

The soldiers didn't seem to listen.

"Destroying you would be like murdering a fellow Hylian!" Link shouted

The soldiers ran faster, and were gaining on Link

I guess I have no choice but to end them, even if they were once innocent soldiers with families that were loyal to Hyrule

"Hyah!" Link jumped up, and cut down the soldiers.

He proceeded into a nearby structure that stood tall and grand.

"This is the Coliseum Ruins!" Navi told Link "There were tournaments held here until the Dark Usurpers corrupted the ancient sheikah Guardians, and their attacks ruined the Coliseum"

"That's neat" Link replied as he wandered into the Coliseum

Link stopped dead in his tracks when he saw what was right in front of him, and Navi hid away.

A Lynel. I am doomed.