Chapter 32: Death Mountain

Link left the alley that had led to Dampe and the Graveyard.

I'm never going near a Graveyard again!

The Hero soon found himself  walking through the busy areas of Kakariko City once more, blending in will the civilians.

A group of thugs were in the crowd... As soon as they saw Link, theyf punched him into a dark alley.

In the dark alley, there was a Soldier ready to kill Link, but once again a familiar Lightscale Trident went through its skull, and Link was unharmed

"You're welcome" Mipha stepped out of the shadows

"Mipha!" Link exclaimed "Thanks goodness, I thought I was lost in this town.... Where's Revali?"

"Killing soldiers and fueling civilian riots over by town square" Mipha replied "The usual"

"Ah, I see" Link chuckled "Well, let's get him and get out of here before he starts a war"

Link and Mipha found Revali flying above town square, firing his Bomb Arrows at every soldier he could see as the townsfolk cheered and began fighting back against the corrupted soldiers.

"You trying to cause trouble?" Mipha asked Revali when he landed by them

"Just fueling some nice and juicy rebellion" Revali said "Anyways, we gonna go up that giant volcano over there and find Daruk or what"

"I guess" Link said "Is that where the Gorons live?"

"Yup" Revali replied "Gorons are big fat rock people who inhabit that giant volcano for some reason"

"And they eat Rock Roasts" Mipha added "Made from literal rocks... Hyrule is home to strange creatures"

"Yeah, you're telling me" Link said as he looked over at feathery Revali and scaled Mipha

"I'm not the best climber" Mipha admitted "Revali can fly, what about you Link?"

"I can climb alright" Link said

The group headed out of Kakariko City, and made there way up the Death Mountain Trail

"So there I was" Link said to Mipha, who was walking beside him "I was in the creepy Sheikah Fortress at the Graveyard, and I could hear the howls of spirits from beyond the grave. There were chained up skeletons and blood from the Hyrule Civil War"

"Creepy" Mipha shivered "Sounds like the Hyrule Civil War was a bit darker than what the Books say"

"Yeah" Link agreed "I found the remains of an old chained up Goron General, and the King who was overthrown near the end of the war. I even found the remains of the Qu-"

"The what?" Mipha asked

"Nothing" Link replied "But here is the part that will give anyone nightmares. I was really deep down in the fort, and I screamed because monsters were grabbing my arms"

"Okay" Mipha said 

"So after the silence is broken, these golden lights appear in the distance, and I see two red eyes, and suddenly I'm running out of there like death himself is after me. And once I escaped, the tunnel vanished. the graveyard keeper, Dampe, tells me he always thought the tunnel led to Hell itself"

"Now that is just plain horrific" Mipha shivered "I won't sleep a wink tonight"

"We're nearing Goron City!" Revali called from up above.

They were on the Death Mountain Trail, the rocky road that led from the base of the Eldin Foothills up to the peak of Death Mountain.

They were coming up to Goron City, a set of open lava-filled areas and cave tunnels near the top.