Chapter 44: The First Sage

It had only been a few days since the Old Man revealed he was the King and passed away, and Rusl's death.

But a lot had happened since then.

Link had discovered that Lon Lon Ranch had been destroyed at the end of the battle six months ago, and the new Lon Lon Prison had been built over the ruins of the ranch almost immediately.

Link had planned to break in to see if the other heroes were in there, but he couldn't do it alone.

That was when he had bumped into Misko the Bandit, who was also wanting to break in and find some item he wanted out of the prison that had been taken from him.

So they had teamed up, and of course their attempt was not very successful.

"RUN!" Misko shouted as he ran down the corridor with Link

"Don't you have that teleportation powder stuff?" Link asked

"That was what they confiscated!" Misko shouted 

A dozen or so Soldiers were pursuing them, and one prisoner in the jail made the mistake of cheering for Link and Misko.

A soldier turned to the prisoner, and killed him with its Soldier's Broadsword

"They are catching up to us!" Link yelled at Misko as they ran "We won't make it out of here alive!"

"You are right!" Misko replied "And you are the hero of Hyrule, so you must live!"

Misko the Bandit pushed Link forward, and blocked the soldiers' path.

He then grabbed a strange orb from his pocket, and tossed it to the soldiers.

It exploded, killing the soldiers and some prisoners.

Misko was not quite as close to the orb as the soldiers so he wasn't instantly killed, but Link could tell that the infamous bandit was mortally injured.

"Hero-" Misko coughed "I- I- now remember s-seeing Emperor G-Ganondorf go to the G-Great Plateau...... Don't be sad about my passing, for I was a foe........"

Misko dropped over dead, and a squad of soldiers charged at Link.

I have to get to the Great Plateau Link thought as he ran away from the soldiers and out of the Lon Lon Prison If Ganondorf went to the Great Plateau, he might have gone there to imprison of my friends!

Supposedly the Great Plateau once was a place of no escape, but a king of old figured out the entrance to it and there was now a tunnel leading into the Plateau.

If only I had a horse Link thought But Epona could be anywhere

Sure enough, Link found Epona roaming the grasslands not far from where she had been six months earlier

"Good horse" Link smiled as he walked up to Epona

Epona instantly recognized the hylian hero, and seemed happy to see him.

Link got up on the horse as usual, and rode off to the Great Plateau, which on the border of the Faron Province and the Central Province, and the entrance was in southern Hyrule Field.

Link rode Epona south, and after about twenty minutes they had crossed Hyrule Field, and Link got off her at the entrance of the Great Plateau.

"Bye Epona" Link waved to his horse as he walked up the stony hill into the Plateau, the unnatural formation of land that was surrounded by walls of stone that were clearly man-made.

On the Plateau was various ponds and patches of grass, as well as Mount Hylia and the surrounding frozen mountains.

There was the mystic Forest of Spirits, the ruins of an old town, and the remains of an old replica of the Temple of Time, a proud location in Castle Town said to hold ancient secrets.