Chapter 11: Misko, the Great Bandit

Link and Zelda decided to enter a Fortune Teller's Hut on the way out of town, just for fun, although they didn't notice the shadowy figure who followed them inside of the Castle Town building.

"Greetings!" the Purple-Robed Fortune Teller said "Come to see your near future? Pay 10 rupees! Want a Prophecy? Pay 100 rupees!"

"Prophecies are usually trash with back-street Fortune Tellers like this" Zelda told Link "Royal Fortune Tellers like that Astor guy, or Fortune Tellers in town square can usually be trusted"

"Okay" Link agreed

With Zelda's help, I can learn everything there is to know about Hyrule! When this is all over, I'll be a True Hero and an Expert!

"Dark clouds surround your near future!" the Fortune Teller said as he rubbed his Crystal Ball to create suspense "Something not good with happen to you two....Now!"

Just as the Fortune Teller raised his hands to create a sense of fear, a bandit appeared and knocked out the Fortune Teller, stuffing his crystal ball and spare robes inside a bag.

"Who are you?" Link demanded

"And what's in the bag?" Zelda said

"I am Misko, the Great Bandit" the Hylian man said "I steal valuable treasure from across Hyrule, and put it in my bag! I have various items such as the Phantom Armor, Majora's Mask, Tingle's Outfit, and now a Fortune Teller's stuff!"

"Why do you do this crime?" Zelda asked

"You see darling" Misko smirked "I hide the stuff in treasure chests across the land for people to find! It is fun to think that people will spend large amounts of time looking for stuff because of ME!"

"Weirdo" Link muttered

"Hey!" Misko shouted "Everyone is weird in a way!"

"That's as much of a lie as when people say everyone is special!" Link replied

"Impa says everyone is special" Zelda said

"Zelda...." Link sighed

"Sorry" Misko apologized "Now if you don't mind, I'm robbing a Fortune Teller, so hand over your Sheikah Slate, Royal Robes, and Hero's Clothes quick! Such valuable items will fill me with joy!"

"You're not taking our treasures!" Link drew his Knight's Broadsword

"Fine then!" Misko shouted "I'll be leaving through the back door!"

"Nope" Ashei smiled as she stormed through the back door, and Rusl blocked it so Misko could not escape.

"Hah!" Misko said "You imbeciles think you can outsmart me? Not a chance!"

"You have no way to escape!" Zelda said "What are you talking about? I'm pretty smart, and even I am confused!"

"I told you, I have found lots of valuable treasures!"

Misko sprayed powder around himself, and he disappeared in smoke.

"He escaped!" Rusl said "How did he do it?"

"Who knows" Link said "Who knows..."

"Help!" the Fortune Teller yelped "I've been attacked and I didn't even fortell it! I'm a failure!"

"No you're not" Link patted the Fortune Teller on the back "You just were busy telling us our future. Now can you perhaps tell us what we'll do next?"

"Sure!" the Fortune Teller said "Let me get my spare Crystal Ball..."

The Fortune Teller grabbed his spare Crystal Ball, rubbed it, and spoke

"Hmm" he said "I see you making a journey through Ridgeland and a canyon to the Tabantha area, where you find a Rito called Revali in Rito Village!"

"Rito?" Link asked

"A tribe of Bird people who live in Tabantha" Zelda explained "I don't know who this Revali person is though...."

"Revali the Rito" Link sighed "Sounds all too familiar"

He pulled out his Bloodstained Champions Photo, now knowing the bird person on it was a member of the Rito Tribe

"Know any of these people?" Link showed Zelda the photo

"No" Zelda said "But they look like the former Champions of Hyrule. Where did you get that photo?"

"Leftover from my past life, I think" Link said "The Spirit of the Hylian Champion told me I'm a reincarnation of him, and he's been training me advanced sword moves"

"Neat" Zelda said "You're a reincarnation of one of the champions!"

"Let's go head out and find Rito Village" Link said

"Yes" Zelda agreed

"Farewell!" the Fortune Teller waved

"It's gonna be hard without Sheik" Ashei sighed as she, Rusl, Link and Zelda were outside the Fortune Teller's hit, and on the streets of Castle Town.

"Yup" Rusl agreed "But with us and Telma we can hold the group together"

"But what about Groose?" Link asked

"We'll figure something out" Rusl said, and he and Ashei headed back to Telma's Bar and the Resistance Base.

"I wonder if we'll ever see Misko again" Zelda said to Link

"Maybe" Link replied "Anyways, I have a great horse named Epona who's in Mabe Village, so let's get her and ride her to our destination"

"Sounds Good"

Zelda and Link left Castle Town, to go get Epona out of Mabe Village