Chapter 33: Within the Goron Mines

"Where exactly are these Goron Mines?" Revali asked as he, Link, and Mipha followed Daruk out of Goron City and around Death Mountain

"Oh, there just inside of the volcano" Daruk replied

"INSIDE OF THE VOLCANO?" Revali yelled "Are you insane?"

"I think it will be alright" Mipha said "I mean, as long as we don't fall into the lava"

"Fall into the lava?" Link asked "Ouch"

"It's happened before" Daruk said "Hylian by the name of Frank, he was a miner that wanted to see the experts at work. So, we sent young Bogogoron with him."

"What happened to them?" Mipha asked

"Well" Daruk continued "Frank tripped and fell into the lava. Young Bogogoron watched as the hylian's skin burned off as he screamed in pain, until he was ashes. Bogogoron became very traumatized after that. We keep inside of the Dark Cave"

"I think I've heard enough" Revali said "If I fall into lava and die, one of you guys has to jump in too"

"Alright" Link said "I can do that"

Everyone laughed, and proceeded into the protected cave leading to the inside of the volcano, Death Mountain.

"Welcome to the Goron Mines!" Daruk declared "Here you will find some of the most valuable gems in the world! Old Man Ulrira from Kakariko City actually bought a fourth of this mine a while back, and he stays rich and controls Kakariko with all the gems that are sent him"

"Sounds like a smart guy" Revali said

"Or a jerk" Link said

"Well, he's been complaining about the monsters delayed his orders" Daruk sighed "And also, Bludo is angry because the Goron economy revovles around the mines. No crap ever comes out of the Southern and Northern mines along the Death Mountain Trail, so we rely on this mine"

A Lizalfos came running toward the group

"Get it!" Link yelped

"I got it" Daruk chuckled as he strangled the Lizalfos to death with his fist

"Wow" Revali said "Talk about strength"

"What can I say?" Daruk chuckled "Gorons are rock creatures!"

"Watch out Link!" Mipha yelped as a Blue Bokoblin ran at Link with a Spiked Boko Spear

Link struck the Bokoblin once with his Royal Broadsword, and it flew into the lava, and Link watched as it's skin burned off and it turned to ash

"Now I see why young Bogogoron became traumatized" Link said 

Mipha stabbed her spear into an Armos that came to life near Revali, and Revali fired down some upcoming Dynalfos with his Bomb Arrows.

Daruk rolled along the floor as a ball and crushed a Black Moblin that was ready to murder the group with a few swings of it's intimidating Dragonbone Moblin Club.

"What is controlling these monsters?" Link asked "They just  keep coming, as if they are being sent out from somewhere!"

"I don't know" Daruk said as he pulled Link a way from a swinging machine in the mine

"Up there!" Revali pointed at a platform deeper into the Goron Mines.

"Hurry!"

They all ran to where Revali had pointed, and came face to face with the force behind the monster infestation.

It was a squad of angry Bulblins, and leading them was the giant parasitic twilit arachnid monster queen Gohma.

"That's the monster Gohma" Daruk told Link "It is defeated with an arrow to its eye"

"You!" the first Bulblin pointd straight at Link "You fought King Bulblin horseback on the Bridge of Eldin, and knocked him off the bridge, killing his steed Lord Bullbo and causing him to retreat!"

"Yeah!" a second Bulblin agreed "You will pay!"

The Bulblins charged forward, but Daruk took half of them out in one swing of his Boulder Breaker.

Mipha stabbed with her Lightscale Trident, and Revali fired arrows from his Great Eagle Bow.

Link drew his Royal Shield and Royal Broadsword, and walked right up to Gohma

The single eyed arachnid menace stared at Link, and then roared in anger.

Link jumped up onto one of Gohma's eight legs as she roared, and sliced at it.

Gohma began wriggling around, knocking nearby Bulblins away and almost sending Revali into the lava

"Watch it!" he scowled at Link

Link was grabbing onto Gohma's back now, trying to hold on as she waved around and roared more.

Link was now climbing onto Gohma's face, and aimed a Fire Arrow at Gohma's eye, and fired.

No effect

"I didn't work!" Link called to Daruk

"I don't know then!" Daruk replied 

"I might've found something useful" Mipha said, and Link looked over to see she had opened a Treasure Chest

"What is it?" Link asked as he nearly fell off of Gohma

"Some kind of Ancient Arrow!" Mipha replied "Like the ancient Sheikah Technology!"

"Oh!" Link said "Toss it here!"

Mipha tossed the Ancient Arrow up to Link, and Link strung it to his Royal Bow.

He aimed at Gohma's eye once more, and let go.

When the Ancient Arrow hit Gohma's eye, she screamed in rage before dropping over dead on the floor of the Goron Mines, and turned completely into purple fume

"You did it little guy!" Daruk cheered

"I knew you could!" Mipha shook Link's hand

"Thanks guys" Link smiled "It looks like the Goron Mines are in the hands of the Gorons again"

"Correct" a loud booming voice said 

"What was that?" Link looked up to see a gigantic Goron who was literally the size of a mountain. Part of him could be seen through a hole in the side of the mountain

"I am Biggoron, a Goron sword smith" the Goron Giant explained "Thanks for taking back the mines!"

"Biggoron is in charge of the mines" Daruk replied 

"Really?" Revali asked as they left the mines "He's a literal a giant! Why couldn't he deal with the monsters himself!"

"Yeah" Mipha agreed

"Well" Daruk sighed "He's afraid of pretty much everything"

"Well he's a piece of crap then" Link muttered

"Hey, some of us have weird fears" Daruk said "Like how I'm afraid of dogs"

"Afraid of dogs?" Revali looked over at Daruk and started howling with laughter "I never knew this!"

"We better get back to the base" Link said, seeing that it was night now

"Base?" Daruk asked "Where is the base?"

"Lon Lon Ranch" Link explained "The owner, Talon, was nice enough to let all of us heroes use it as a base of operations"

"Okay" Daruk answered

"Well, I'm flying back" Revali said "You guys are on your own"

Link, Mipha, and Daruk got back to Kakariko City, where Link and Mipha boarded Epona, riding her back to Lon Lon Ranch as Daruk rolled close behind.

Daruk was now officially part of the team, and to accomplish that it had taken misadventures in a big city, dark secrets within a graveyard, and a trip to a fiery mountain.