Chapter 30: Kakariko City

Link and Epona had just defeated King Bulblin, and they were riding into the Eldin Province now.

They were in an open rocky grassland, known as Kakariko Gorge.

In Kakariko Gorge, the only monsters roaming around were a few scattered Purple Bokoblins, and some Bulblins that were hunting for Link.

Epona rode over a Bulblin, killing it, and Link and Epona entered into the Death Mountain Foothills.

The looming figure of the incredibly large mountain volcano, Death Mountain, was visible from almost anywhere in Hyrule.

Smoke was above it, and throughout the mountains were mining facilities run by the Gorons.

In the foothills of Death Mountain, just south of the regions were flame-resistant armor is required, was once a village.

It was the village of Kakariko Village, a place famous for being the home of the Sheikah Tribe.

It was also famous because of its Graveyard where people around Hyrule were buried.

In the three years between the Last King of Hyrule banishing the Sheikah from Kakariko and the Royal Massacre, Hyrule had moved thousands of Hylians into Kakariko since Castle Town was overpopulating.

Kakariko Village had been renamed to Kakariko City as the place had become the largest town in Hyrule, perhaps the world.

It was now a grand town filled with hundreds of shops and neighborhoods, and had five skyscrapers within it, buildings ten stories high that were wonders.

Kakariko City was so large that, even though it was under occupation by the corrupted Soldiers, there was still more than enough places to hide from the forces of the mysterious Great King of Evil.

"Howdy there traveler" a man by a shop waved at Link once the hero had entered Kakariko

"Get him" another man from inside the shop said 

Three big hylian men lunged at Link

"What do you want?" Link demanded as two held him down and the third one held a knife to Link's throat

"We are part of a criminal society" the thug said "We want you're stuff in that big pouch of yours"

"You can't take my rupees!" Link said "I had to work hard for them!"

"Sucks for you then" the thug said "Cause we're gonna take your loot for our gang and kill you"

"No!"

The thug prepared to cut up Link, when suddenly three Bomb Arrows exploded nearby.

The thugs turned to see what had happened, and suddenly a Lightscale Trident went through the main thugs skull, and soon the same happened to the other two thugs

"That's what happens when people mess with my allies" Mipha said as she appeared

Revali flew down to Link and Mipha 

"Gotta love bomb arrows" Revali smirked

"Troops! Get over there! There was an explosion reported!"

A squad of soldiers began marching over to see what the explosions were abou

"Uh oh"

Link, Mipha, and Revali ran away before the soldiers could get to them.

There were crazy and suspicious people all over Kakariko, and when the three of them rented a hotel for the night, they were ambushed by Yiga spies, whom they had to dispose of in order to live.

Soon, the second day in Kakariko City began.

Link, Mipha, and Revali left the hotel to gather food and supplies, and of course they were spotted by soldiers the moment they walked out the door

"Zora are not permitted here!" the soldiers barked "Ritos are allowed, but not when they have weapons! You three are all under arrest!"

"Run!" Mipha shouted.

They all ran in different directions.

Mipha ran toward the shop and hid in there, while Revali flew back to the hotel and was the one pursued by soldiers.

Link found himself on a road full of busy civilians, where he was able to blend in with the hylian civilians of Kakariko. 

Where could Mipha and Revali be?  Link wondered

Link gazed upon a sign that read: Kakariko Graveyard ahead

Maybe they are there!

Link walked toward the area where the sign pointed to.

As Link walked down the alley and followed the signs, everything felt darker and darker, creepier and creepier.

"Don't go" a voice kept repeating in Link's head "Don't go. Don't go. Don't go. Don't go."

Link felt like everything was turning upside-down, and that the shadows were consuming him.

Link arrived at the Graveyard, and came upon a small hut in front of the gates

An old man came limping out of the hut

"Don't go in the Graveyard" he spoke coldly