Chapter 49: Return of Revali

A day and a few hours later, Link and Epona arrived at the edge of Lake Totori, where he could see the bridges leading up to Mount Totori and Rito Village.

Since the Divine Beasts had apparently been destroyed, Vah Medoh was nowhere to be seen.

Link was not surprised to see squads of Rito Rebels fighting back against the corrupted soldier troops.

"Rough war, eh Hero?" Teba said from behind Link, with Medli and Harth standing next to him

"Teba!" Link exclaimed "Good to see you, I just came over here to get Revali"

"He's disappeared" Teba sighed "But I want to talk you"

"Okay" Link said "About what?"

"About how this is all your fault. You ran away during the battle of Lon Lon Ranch, and now we are paying the price. You better destroy Ganon forever"

"I know what I've done, okay?" Link shouted "But right now I'm focusing on the important thing: stopping Emperor Ganondorf's reign of terror. And the first part of that is to free all of the sages"

"Well, you probably won't find Revali" Medli said

"Yeah" Harth agreed "He hasn't been seen since the Emperor took him away with the other sages"

"I'll find him" Link said as he walked off.

An hour later, Link reached the edge of the Tabantha Province, and since he was right up close to the frozen Hebra Province, he was cold.

A Rhinoceros came charging toward Link, but a hungry Silver Moblin stabbed the Rhino with a Dragonbone Moblin Spear to injur it, and ate it alive.

This is what the world has become, thanks to me. Every country and province and ocean, covered in Ganon's darkness. So far I have brought Light back to the Eastern and Southern Provinces, but the Western Provinces and the rest of the Planet are still shrouded in dark clouds

Link killed the Silver Moblin with his Master Sword, and noticed a strange formation of rock in the snow that he had just walked into.

Link knocked the snow off the rock, and sure enough, it was not a snow-covered rock, but a snow-covered crystal with a certain Rito Archer trapped inside of it.

Link touched the Master Sword's blade to the magic crystal, and then it broke apart and Revali was free.

"I'm free!" Revali exclaimed "Thanks Link! I mean, actually, I hate you for not defeating Ganon back at the Ranch"

"It's not my fault that destiny dragged me into a conflict to decide the fate of the Universe"

"The entire Universe?" Revali asked "Ganon only took over the planet, the Universe is a lot for one insane Gerudo psycho to conquer"

"Insane Gerudo Psycho" Link said "That's a good way to describe him, although he is more malice and ancient-evil-reincarnation than Gerudo. He is truly insane and psycho, I mean what kind of person turns the Moon red, curses an eternal night on the land, puts a Giant Purple Cloud around the Planet, turns the Army evil, burns all the cities, and sends corrupted robots after people?"

"Emperor Ganondorf" Revali replied "Only he does such horrible things"

"And his minions" Link said "Like Agahnim. He did all sorts of bad things. I mean, he captured Zelda, and  corrupted all the Soldiers, and killed some Zonai.

"Did you just say Zo-"

"It's a long story"

"Well, anyways" Revali said "I think the Yiga Clan is worse. I mean, I literally watched the Yiga Footsoldier cut your previous incarnation up with a Vicious Sickle, and then there was some stuff that- Er- maybe I'll tell you the details later"

"The whole thing didn't feel to good" Link heard the Hero's Spirit say

"I think there is something near us, I sense it" Revali whispered to Link

"Yeah" Link agreed "Someone else is here. Or something, as you said"

Another one of Ganon's blight monstrosities appeared behind Link and in front of Revali, and with the cannon on its arm it prepared to fire fatal beams at Link. It was Windblight Ganon.

"Watch out!" Revali yelled, and Link jumped away just as the beams fired.

"It's Windblight Ganon!" Link shouted

"How did you know its name?" Revali asked

"Well" Link said "The one by the fiery volcano was called Fireblight Ganon, the one by the river and waterfall area was called Waterblight Ganon, so the one who imprisoned the guy with wind powers should naturally be called Windblight Ganon, right?"

"If you say so" Revali said, firing bomb arrows at Windblight's singular eye, causing the beast to screech in pain.

"Now" Link looked at Windblight Ganon "Let's destroy this thing"