Chapter 37: The Battle with Zant

"We have come to stop you, Zant" Link declared

"Yes" Midna agreed "And we will take back the Twilight Realm"

"I wouldn't be so sure of that" Zant chuckled "You see, the King of Evil has granted me lots of power and dark magic, and with that dark magic you two will be ultimately crushed"

"No" Link charged forward with his Royal Guard's Sword, but Zant teleported to the other side of the room.

Zant summoned several balls of energy, and blasted them toward Link.

Link parried the balls with his Royal Guard's Shield, and charged in for another strike with his sword.

"Hah!"

Zant had teleported away again, but Midna had an idea

"Link" she whispered "Distract him with arrows, and then go in for a strike"

"Okay"

Link fired multiple arrows out of his Royal Guard's Bow toward Zant, and he was distracted trying to dodge all of them.

Link took the opportunity to strike with his sword, doing some damage to Zant.

After Zant got up, he began laughing

"Why are you laughing?" Midna demanded

"Because" Zant said "You will not defeat me!"

Zant had another trick up his sleeve.

He began spinning rapidly toward Link, and Link had to run away.

"What do I do?" Link asked Midna

"I'm not sure..." Midna replied 

Zant kept spinning around, but eventually he grew tired and stopped.

Link took the opportunity to damage Zant a second time.

"You won't win!" Zant spun around again, and Link had to wait a while for him to stop.

This time, there were three Shadow Beasts there to back Zant up.

Link had to destroy each of them at the same time with help from Midna, and then he turned back to Zant, who had stopped spinning.

Link struck Zant a third time.

Zant growled, and teleported around the room as he did during the first phase of the fight.

He summoned more balls of energy, and sent them flying toward Link again.

Link parried them with his Royal Guard's Shield, and sent arrows by Zant, distracting him.

Link struck Zant a fourth and final time with his Royal Guard's Sword, and Zant fell back in his throne, weakened.

"Hah...." Zant said, and he coughed as if he was struggling to breath "My other dark comrades will....continue to consume Hyrule..... And the Great King of Evil..... he will destroy you..."

Zant was about to get back up, when Midna had enough.

She use her magic to stab Zant in the heart

"Ack!"

Zant fell back on his throne, and his body exploded to ashes.

He was dead, and the Twilight Realm was saved.

"Thank you Link" Midna smiled, slowly trasforming back into her original form, a tall Twili monarch that Link stared at for a second.

"Zant's curses are lifted and the Twilight Realm is at peace. In return, I shall continue to help you and the others fight for Hyrule. It is only fair"

Link and the new no-longer-cursed Midna walked back to the Twilight Portal, and returned to the Arbiter's Grounds Ruins, where Epona was still waiting.

Link stuck a baked apple in his mouth, and got on Epona with Midna.

They both rode off through the Gerudo Desert, and back to Hyrule Field and the base at Lon Lon Ranch.

Link was so excited that he and Midna had destroyed Zant, that he forgot to take the precautions everyone took when entering the base, to lose anybody that could be foll

A few Yiga Footsoldiers had followed them all the way from the Gerudo Desert.

The Yigas then saw Link and Midna walk into Lon Lon Ranch and speak to several other people that were considered outlaws to the dark usurpers.

The cover had been blown, and as the group had a small celebration, the Yiga Spies reported to the Great King of Evil their findings

"Good" the King of Evil smiled "Get all of our forces ready for battle. I want the corrupted Guardians, the soldiers, Agahnim, Ghirahim, King Bulblin, some legions of monsters, as well as Astor, Master Kohga, Sooga, and the entire Yiga Clan. Those fools may have defeated Zant, but they shall be crushed under my fist"

The armies of darkness left Hyrule Castle the next morning, marched out of Castle Town, and soon marched across Hyrule Field toward Lon Lon Ranch, and the only heroes who were capable of saving Hyrule.

A Great Battle was about to begin.