Chapter 23: The Sheikah

"You alright, Link?" Zelda asked as she and Link rode Epona beyond Gatepost Town and Hyrule Field

"Yeah, yeah" Link replied "Just thinking, that in the past few weeks I've been through a lot"

"Tired out from adventuring, huh?" Zelda chuckled "Me too. I'd never left the Sheikah Settlement until Impa sent me out on my journey to find the new hero"

"Should I be the Hero?" Link asked "I mean, I liked the way my life was before. I just went into the woods one day, and boom, I've got a huge responsibility and destiny as the Hero of Hyrule"

"You mean you're not excited?" Zelda asked

"I don't know" Link replied "I just- Am I really the Hero of Hyrule?"

"Look up ahead!" Zelda changed the subject "It's the Dueling Peaks! They say a great dragon from the woods sliced a mountain in half and formed the Dueling Peaks"

"Probably Farosh" Link sighed "The Electric Dragon that was in Lake Hylia and Lake Floria, the one the Zonai probably worshipped"

Epona rode along the river flowing through the Dueling Peaks, past the Green Lizalfos in the river and Red Bokoblins camped out by the mountain's walls.

Link and Zelda found Kass playing his accordion. He really was traveling around Hyrule with his tunes

"Ah, Link and Zelda!" Kass exclaimed "I know many ancient songs about people with those names."

"Let's hear one" Zelda said with excitement

"Okay" Link agreed

"This is an ancient tale of the last battle with Ganon, before the Millennium of Peace began......

It was after a war where the people of Hyrule waged war on the evil Gerudo Tribe and the armies of monsters led by Ganon.

A Hero named Link wore the Hero's Clothes, and he was the hero who had forged the legendary Hylian Shield to aide him...

His friend, Princess Zelda, the current ruler of Hyrule after Ganon killed King Daltus, was using a magic weapon called the Bow of Light to help Link fight Ganon.

Ganon was a Demon King, a Blue Pig monster with a Trident of Evil, that clashed against the Master Sword Link wielded.....

Zelda was one of the Sages, an order of beings from across Hyrule who wielded magic power...

Link stabbed Ganon with the Master Sword, making Ganon too weak to fight...

Zelda and the Ancient Sages used the magic of the holy Triforce to seal Ganon away for good, but Fortune Tellers later on prophesized Ganon's return.

They claimed that the descendant of the original Gerudo outlaw from the ancient days, Ganondorf, would rise one day, and this led the Gerudo to fear men.

"Wow" Zelda said, astonished "The Defeat of Ganon always was my favorite bedtime story"

"Bye" Kass said "I shall await for the next time we cross paths"

Link and Zelda rode Epona down the trail, seeing Fort Hateno in the distance, the location where the War with Ganon and the Defeat of Ganon took place, causing the area to be a ruined wetland preserved to show the glory of Hyrule's ancient success.

Link and Zelda crossed a bridge over a creek and entered the Sheikah Settlement of New Kakariko, where Sheikah Banners and flags of red and white where covering the hills around Lantern Lake and the Pillars of Levia.

Sheikah Guards wore Sheikah Ninja outfits and masks, while regular Sheikah citizens and farmers who were farming carrots and pumpkins wore white and red robes with ancient-style hats.