Chapter 60: The End

A few weeks had passed since the defeat of Ganon.

Everyone in the world was helping rebuild a better world from the ashes of the old world.

"We're going to hold a funeral for the Hylian Champion" Zelda said to Link "I know it will be Seventeen Years Late, but I'm sure he will still appreciate it"

"It's a great idea" the Hero's Spirit said to Link "A funeral for me"

"Yeah" Link agreed "I guess I'll be on my way to the funeral then...."

A few hours later, at the new Sanctuary which had been built over the ashes of Hyrule Castle, Zelda and Link lead the Funeral Service for Link, Hylian Champion, deceased for seventeen years.

After the funeral was over, everyone gathered at the fountain outside of Castle Town known as the Sacred Ground, where the previous incarnation of the hero had once been knighted as the Hylian Champion.

At the same location, seventeen years later, the Hero's Spirit finally became visible to everyone, and he stood at the center of the Sacred Ground.

Instead of being a weed-covered skeleton spirited, he changed himself to look like the Hylian Champion that Mipha, Daruk, Urbosa, and Revali had known all those years ago.

"Good-bye everyone" the Hylian Champion said, a tear in his spirit eye "It was nice knowing you all. From meeting you guys at the Champion's Ceremony, to dying at the Massacre, to guiding the Link in his journey to save Hyrule, to helping defeat Dark Beast Ganon.... I wish I didn't have to go, but I must. I was lucky to live on as a spirit for seventeen years. I'm afraid I cannot remain here any longer and that I must ascend to the heavens. As you all know, once a spirit's purpose is fulfilled, they must leave the physical world. Goodbye all"

He glanced at each other four former champions, and then Link, and then he ascended to the heavens and vanished. 

The spirit of the Hylian Champion was gone.

"I have an announcement" Princess Zelda spoke up "I would like you all to attend my crowning as Queen of Hyrule tomorrow at the Sanctuary, if you don't mind"

Everyone nodded, and left the Sacred Ground.

The next day, Link woke up early and walked back into the Lost Woods.

He placed the Golden Sword, which had reverted to the Master Sword, back into the pedestal.

He left the forest, and returned to the Sanctuary in the center of Castle Town.

Everyone was gathered there for Princess Zelda's crowning, so she could become Queen Zelda.

The Ceremony last half an hour, and when it was over Zelda put on a crown and sat in a throne.

Everyone clapped in cheered, and before Zelda could say something else, Link stood up

"Everyone" Link announced "I'm leaving"

"Where are you going?" Zelda asked 

"Well" Link said "It's hard to explain, but I'm leaving to go find my meaning"

And with that, Link walked out of the Sanctuary, never to be seen again by any of the other heroes..