Chapter 48

Sohyun's POV

I instantly ran towards hospital, I took about 5 minutes to arrive hospital. I asked the counter about the patient who just came in due to accident and came to know that he is in operation room. I ran toward the operation room, I saw Suga walking to and fro in front of the OR.

I ran towards him, "What happened? Is he really in serious condition?"

"I don't know, doctor told me that his hand is severely injured and an immediate surgery is required. It's all my fault, I left the room to talk with my manager when he left for home and the next minute I got call from hospital as I was the last person he contacted." Worry was clearly audible in his voice. He was filled with guilt. "He was too drunk to drive, I should have followed him" the statement in the end shocked me.

"When did he start drinking? He use to hate drinking, moreover IU is pregnant and he should take care of her and his child. How can he be this careless?" I could not help but ask myself.

"Sohyun-ah, you misunderstood this, how can you think that Jungkook could cheat you? He loved you all the time; you didn't trust him nor give a chance to explain. IU isn't pregnant with his child, she is pregnant with Mang Tae's child and the only thing Jungkook did was promised to raise the kid as his own. He wanted to say this to you but you didn't listen to him. He kept on trying to call you and it was me who told him to let you cool down, tell you everything when you are cooled down. But instead of cooling down you went to your ex boyfriend. How can you do this to him?" I broke down when I knew about it.

But he didn't stop, "He started drinking, he rarely goes his home and spends whole time in bars and even he is losing movie offers. Still he keeps on saying your name in sleep..." he stopped when he saw me crying.

"Sohyun-ah, I didn't tell all this to make you cry. I want you to think once more about Jungkook, he can't live without you." I leaned on the wall to keep myself straight. The inner me was saying it was all because of me, I was responsible for Jungkook's condition and I had no right to be happy. My tears won't stop falling while my mind kept on blaming myself.

If he don't wake up I won't be able to live, how can I do this to him who have been by my side when no one was with me and supported me in every turns of my life. I was really selfish or did my love for Tae covered my sense to realize Jungkook would never cheat me, "I have no right to be happy" I kept on repeating the same line when RM came running, "How is his condition?" I heard him asking Suga, while Suga was shaking his head.

"Oh, Sohyun is also here?" he came and sat next to me.

"Who told you that you have no right to be happy?" RM instantly spoke when he heard me murmuring. I didn't reply but kept on crying, "Why? Why is it always me, why do I always act so rashly?"

RM rubbed my back and said, "Sohyun-ah, it's not your fault"

"How is it not my fault? I knew he won't do this to me, if I had trusted him then we won't be in this situation." I kept on crying while Suga also came next to us and sat down.

"It's not your fault; no one can change what is meant to happen." RM tried to console me while I can't stop crying. Just then the red light above the door went off, doctor followed by a nurse came out and we rushed towards them.

"How is his condition doctor?" I rushed in front and asked while RM and Suga stood by my side waiting for the answer.

"The surgery was a success but we need to observe for few hours to tell whether he is completely out of danger or not." We sighed in relief but still with a bit of worry. "He will be moved to ICU in few minutes and can one of you come with me to discuss about his condition." RM voluntarily went with him while I was left with Suga.

"I am sorry Sohyun-ah, I didn't mean to say all that, I was just too upset with the situation and you know about me, I can't help when someone hurts my friends." I nodded but internally thought I don't deserve an apology as all he did was made me face the truth.

Jungkook was lying unconscious on the bed while I was sitting next to him, "I am really sorry, it was my fault for not listening to you and not trusting you." I kept on being by his side. I felt as if my heart was shattering into pieces when I see the dark circles under his eyes, it seems like he wasn't sleeping for weeks and his swollen eyes clearly shows that he had been crying all this time.

Kim Sohyun it's all because of you, the inner me started blaming again and all I did was cry and cry.

Then I heard a knock on the door, I quickly wiped my tears and stood up as the doctor came in to check on him, "I am happy to inform that he is out of danger and now all he needs to do is wake up." I was more than glad to hear this, I thank the doctor and took out my phone to call Suga and RM who had went out to bring some clothes and all as they have to stay with him for a while only to find it out of battery.

I waited for them to arrive but they were showing no signs, I thought of something, my mind is really messed up as I know Jungkook and Tae both likes me but I don't deserve them, I am always the one who misunderstands them and create mess, moreover if I stay here, Jungkook won't be able to fulfill his promise to his best friend and Tae will always be in trouble because of me.

Now I know that I am the main problem, I need to leave where no one can reach me. I picked up a paper and a pen which was lying next to the desk and wrote a letter,

Dear Kookie,......

I walked out of the room and headed towards the corridor when a saw a familiar figure.