Chapter 38

Taehyung’s POV

Jimin’s voice was clear through the phone, “We are in trouble, Jungkook and IU got a scandal, I know its fake news but pictures are spreading like a wildfire.”

I got completely awakened, “What do you mean by that? It’s only been a day; the picture must have been edited by the shippers.” I could not believe that this faithful boyfriend would roam around the town with another girl. But I cannot be like this without knowing the reason.

“I have called their managers and they said that the picture wasn’t edited” Jimin replied from the other end.

“Is he cheating on Sohyun?” I shouted angrily.

“Managers said that they just went to buy gifts for their common friend who is there in US, I think it’s just a misunderstanding.”

“Then, we have to release a statement that they aren’t dating; we need to clear this misunderstanding.” I was then walking to living room to watch the news.

“I will contact you after sometime and hope Sohyun is fine.”
“The Nation’s husband and Nation’s little sister are dating. Yes, you have heard it right, Actor Jeon Jungkook and Actress IU was seen having romantic time together in US yesterday, here are the pictures…” The reporter was reporting the news with such a confidence that even I was about to get convinced with this fake dating thing.

“I will not let her know this; it will be her second heart break if she hears this news.” I don’t know why I want to let this chance go, I know if Sohyun and Jungkook breaks up, she will return to me but I don’t want her to be broken. I don’t like seeing her sad.

“Why did you wake up so early?” Mrs. Kim was standing in front of me.

I took no time to explain her about the situation and told her to hide Sohyun’s phone after turning it to silent mode. I went to disconnect the TV signal.

I was all prepared to go office; just left with the breakfast, “Jungkook would never cheat Sohyun,” Mrs. Kim spoke sitting in front of me.

I took a spoon of rice and replied, “Its surely fake news, don’t worry. However don’t let Sohyun know about it”

“I know I am her mother, don’t act like you care for her when you are the one who broke her heart” Mrs. Kim really is a lady who would speak anything that comes to her mind.

“I don’t want her to be broken for second time” this time I really mean it, I want her to come to me but not after taking advantage of such situations and hurting her.

We could hear Sohyun shouting about her phone and that’s when we stopped talking. She took my phone to call her phone.

After a while she returned to give me my phone, “Jimin is calling you”

I instantly took phone from her hand and accepted it, “You need to come to office quickly” I didn’t know what to do; I left my half finished meal and bided goodbye and went to office.

Before leaving I called Jennie and asked her to come to Sohyun’s house and stay with her. But I warned her not to say a word about the situation.

Sohyun’s POV

For a minute I felt as if the world was spinning, I quickly cut the call. Jungkook wouldn’t do this to me, I have to trust him. There must be a reason for him to be snapped with IU. I need to calm myself down.

I took a long breath and walked out of the room, handed Tae his phone as Jimin was calling again. He left hurriedly. Without a word with my mom who was still sitting at the dining table I turned and walked towards my room.

Now I know why I can’t find my phone, Tae and mom must have hiden it as they thought it could hurt me but they are wrong I trust him.

A drop of tear dropped down my eyes, “What is this? I am not crying, I trust him, he will tell me everything when arrives back.” I kept on talking to myself.

“Yah- why are you like this?” Jennie shouted when she saw me hugging my knees and crying on the floor. I think Tae have called her.

“Oh, it’s nothing, I am writing a plot for my script and it’s too sad” I tried to cover but I can never succeed in hiding my emotions from my best friend.

She came to me and hugged, “I guess you have heard it, it is fake news. Don’t worry, Tae told me that Jungkook and IU went there to buy gift for their common friend and that’s when they got snapped together. Tae even added that the company wants to deny but the drama producer wants the press conference to be delayed as it can raise their rating.” That’s when I remembered about Mang Tae, they must have gone to buy gift for him.

I felt a bit relieved but insecurity still scratched my heart, IU is beautiful and that mysterious friend of him, I didn’t meet him even for once.

“I trust him” I sounded like I was trying to convince myself.

“And yeah, before I forget, Tae told me that Jungkook’s phone will be off for few days”

“Why is he telling me this when he have stolen my phone?” I spoke lifelessly.

“What? He took your phone? Let me talk to him.” Jennie rummaged her pocket for phone but I stopped her.

“I am glad that he took my phone, if not I would not be able to control myself from reading those articles.” I sounded low even to my ears.

Jennie tried to keep me engaged but I kept on thinking about him. It’s all fake, IU and Jungkook are just friends.

*****

Sorry for the late updates, as the semester is coming to end, Seminar reports and mini projects are distracting me, hope you all will understand...

And about the story, what do you think the relationship between Jungkook and IU is?