Chapter 1

Sohyun's POV Under the bright sunlight, I walked toward school with my lifelong friend, Jennie. Since kindergarten, we've shared everything, no secrets between us. This was our final year of high school, and our dreams of attending the same university, sharing a room, and experiencing everything together felt closer than ever.

"Hey, Sohyun, how was your vacation?" Jennie's voice was filled with curiosity, even though I didn't have anything particularly exciting to share.

"Nothing special. Mom and I went to Jeju, breathed in some fresh air, and came back. What about you?"

"My brother and I visited our parents. You know how it is, always boring with them busy in their own world. So Tae oppa took me around." I could sense the disappointment in her voice. Her parents lived in the USA due to their business, so she and her brother stayed with their grandmother since childhood.

We chatted about various topics until we reached the school gate. Entering our classroom, I was glad to see that Jennie was still my desk mate this year. We waited for our homeroom teacher, Mr. Gu, a middle-aged man with gentle features. There wasn't a soul who didn't like Mr. Gu. His kindness and cheerful demeanor made him my idol since my first day of high school.

"Since it's the first day, let's not jump straight into lessons. How about we talk about your vacations?" Mr. Gu's husky voice filled the room after we finished greeting him.

"It's practically a free period," Jennie whispered to me, her face beaming with a big smile. I couldn't help but return it.

Today was easy-going, with all our teachers giving us free periods. Jennie and I were walking back home when we spotted a guy putting up a poster on the notice board. It read:

Attention, attention:

Come one, come all! The Dance Club is hosting a dance competition, open to both individuals and groups. We're thrilled to announce there are prizes for the winners, along with credit points. Register quickly as its first-come, first-served!

Thank you, and we hope everyone will participate.

This was exciting news for Jennie and me. Did I mention we love dancing?

"Sohyun-ah, let's do this!" Jennie's excitement was contagious.

"Sure, but we'll need more girls to form a group."

"Don't worry, I'll ask Lisa and Rose. I'm sure they'll agree." Lisa and Rose were our classmates. While we weren't particularly close, I knew they were interested in dancing and would be on board.

Though we had to focus on studying for university, I promised myself I'd study hard after this competition. I didn't want to be a burden on my parents anymore.

"Okay, I've spoken with Rose and Lisa, and they're in. Let's go register!" Jennie brought me back to reality. When did she even call them? I was really losing track of things lately. I needed to concentrate.

After registering at the office, we left feeling light-hearted.

"Sohyun-ah, I've been thinking of ideas to ensure we win this competition."

"Alright, lay it on me."

"How about we ask my brother for help? You know he's an amazing dancer. He was even the president of the Dance Club in high school." Jennie shared her idea with me. I'd seen him dance before, but I'd never had a proper conversation with him. To be honest, I lacked the confidence. He was popular, cool, and talented, making approaching him feel daunting.

"Okay, let's give it a shot. But he must be busy with his own stuff. Will he agree to help us?" I asked, uncertain.

Jennie wasted no time and put him on loudspeaker as she called.

Jennie: "Oppa!"

Taehyung: "What's up? What's with the sweet tone today?"

Jennie: "Nothing special, I just miss you. I hardly see you since you started university, even though it's close."

Taehyung: "Quit the sweet talk and get to the point, or I'm hanging up."

Jennie: "Wait! I need to ask you a favor."

Taehyung: "What kind of favor?"

Jennie: "I'm participating in a dance competition with my friends. Oppa, please help us win."

Taehyung: "No way, I'm busy." He immediately ended the call.

"Ugh, why does my brother have to be like this? I even called him 'Oppa,' and he has the nerve to reject me. I'm not letting this go. Sohyun-ah, come with me." Jennie was fuming, and despite my attempts to calm her, she was resolute.

I followed her closely, trying to keep up. "Where are we going?"

"To that jerk's university. I won't leave until he agrees to help us with the dance competition. I know we can do well without him, but I want our performance to be perfect. We need his help."

When Jennie made up her mind, there was no turning back. And as her best friend, I had no choice but to follow.

******

Sorry for taking time to update, hope you will enjoy this chapter though it is short...happy reading😘😘😘