Chapter 5

Taehyung's POV

As soon as I entered my room, I found Jimin sitting at his desk, engrossed in a novel.

"Oh, you're back," he greeted me, not looking up from his book.

"Yeah, what are you reading?" I asked, taking off my jacket.

"A novel. It's pretty interesting," he replied, glancing at me.

"I need to talk to you about something," I said, feeling a bit nervous.

"What? Did you do something bad?" Jimin asked, turning his full attention to me with a confused expression.

"It's nothing bad. I need some advice. Do you have any idea how to approach a girl?" I asked, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"What? Are you in love? You want to approach a girl?" Jimin's eyes widened with curiosity.

I nodded, avoiding his gaze. I was feeling quite shy about the whole thing.

"Ohhhh, someone's in love... Who's the lucky girl?" Jimin asked eagerly.

"Her name is Kim Sohyun," I started, but before I could finish, Jimin interrupted with excitement.

"That pretty friend of Jennie's!"

"How do you know her?" I was surprised by his knowledge.

"Wah, how come you don't know her? She was the prettiest girl when we were in high school. Even I approached her, but she rejected me. I think her boyfriend is Lucas," Jimin explained, and my heart sank.

"Lucas? Who's that? Neither Jennie nor Sohyun mentioned him," I said, feeling a pang of jealousy.

"He's in the same class as Jennie. A really handsome guy," Jimin added, not noticing my discomfort.

"I asked you how to approach her, and here you are discouraging me," I muttered, feeling frustrated.

"I just want to warn you. I don't want you to get hurt," Jimin said, trying to be helpful.

"Leave it!" I snapped, feeling irritated.

I was feeling upset and confused. I didn't even consider the possibility of Sohyun being in a relationship. What a fool I was.

Then my phone beeped, and I saw a message from Jennie:

Jennie: Remember to send me the money.

That's when I remembered our conversation.

Flashback

Rose and Lisa were talking with Sohyun when I approached Jennie.

"Jennie-ah, will you listen to Oppa?" I smiled sweetly, trying to persuade her.

"What? Don't be so cheesy. It doesn't suit you," Jennie teased.

"You can stay at home. I'll send Sohyun home. After that, I have to head back to the dorm. It's not safe for her to return home alone," I explained.

"You mean you want some time alone with her. What will I get for helping you?" Jennie teased back, raising an eyebrow.

"What do you want?" I asked, willing to do anything.

"Buy me a dress. I don't have any money left for this month, but I saw a really nice dress," Jennie said, sounding excited.

"You're going to buy another dress? Having a fashionista sister is tough. Okay, deal. Now start if you need the money," I agreed, smiling at her.

Jennie began her acting, pretending to be unwell, and finally managed to stay back. She winked at me after completing her mission but whispered, "Don't bother her," in my ear.

I smiled, remembering that moment. It was one of the best moments of my life.

I don't know when I fell asleep, but I woke up with a start when my alarm rang. I found myself eagerly waiting to finish my class and go to her school. I had never felt this way before.

Today, I had decided to go to her school to find out more about Lucas. Who was this guy? I really wanted to know.

After class, I went to her school and waited at the gate. After about 30 minutes, I saw Jennie, Rose, and Lisa walking out of the building. I searched for Sohyun, and my smile instantly faded when I saw her with a tall guy. I couldn't deny that he was handsome, but a part of me was jealous. Sohyun seemed happy and was laughing with him.

He must be Lucas.

I wasn't the type to turn around and leave just because I was jealous. Instead, I waved hello when they approached.

"Taehyung-ah, what are you doing here?" Jennie hurried over to me.

"Just waiting for you guys," I replied with a forced smile, my eyes still on Sohyun and Lucas.

"Ah, before I forget, Taehyung-ah, this is Lucas. And Lucas, this is my brother, Taehyung," Jennie introduced us.

"I know about you. You were quite famous in high school. Nice to meet you," Lucas greeted me, extending his hand.

I forced myself to smile, taking his hand and saying, "Nice to meet you too."

"Bye guys! Let's hang out next time, okay? I think you all need to practice now, right?" Lucas said, turning to Sohyun.

"Take care of yourself. If you need anything, call me," he added, looking at her with a smile.

"Stop being cheesy," Rose teased Lucas, while Lisa and Jennie pulled Sohyun away.

"See you tomorrow!" Sohyun waved back at Lucas before turning to leave.

"Thanks for the money," Jennie said, bringing me back to reality.

I didn't respond. Instead, I wanted to ask her about Lucas and Sohyun. But I knew what the answer would be. I was avoiding the reality, justifying my feelings in my mind. It was a mix of jealousy, confusion, and a hint of hope that maybe things weren't as they seemed. But deep down, I knew I was just fooling myself.

******

Here I am introducing new character

Lucas

If you like the story line, plz vote and comment your thoughts

If you like the story line, plz vote and comment your thoughts...😁😁