Chapter 2

Jennie's POV

I marched towards the bus stop with determination, hearing Sohyun's pleas to stop trailing behind me. No, I wasn't one to let my brother get away with ignoring me. I was going to get his help, whether he liked it or not.

Sohyun followed, accepting her defeat. "Sohyun-ah, don't worry. I won't cause a scene for everyone at the college. I'll just teach that Kim Taehyung a lesson." She nodded, taking in my words. That brat who was born just 2 minutes before me thought he could ignore me. Well, he had another thing coming.

If it weren't for that year, I was sick, I would be in university too. But looking back, I considered it a blessing. If not for that, I wouldn't have met Sohyun, my dear friend. Instead, I'd be dealing with nosy Taehyung poking his nose into my business.

The bus arrived, and we found ourselves in front of the university gate. I dialed my brother's number again, but it was busy. So, I decided to head straight to his dorm. I knew exactly where it was; grandma and I had gone there to help him move in at the beginning of the semester.

I asked Sohyun to wait at the dorm gate. I could sense her nervousness, but I knew taking her inside wasn't an option. I was going into the boys' dorm, a place she'd never venture into.

Stepping into the hostel, I saw half-naked boys running around though the college haven't started yet, some were startled to see me. I didn't care. I made a beeline for Taehyung's room, and without hesitation, I slammed the door open—it wasn't locked. He stood up from his chair, his roommate jolting awake from his nap. Taehyung looked furious, but I didn't care. He ignored me, and he deserved what was coming.

"Why did you hang up on me?" I demanded, not holding back.

He didn't say a word. Instead, he came towards me, grabbing my wrists, and tried to drag me outside. "Let go! I said let go! I'm not leaving until you agree to help us." I managed to hold onto the doorframe, refusing to budge.

"Let's... talk outside," he finally spoke, trying to catch his breath.

"Only on one condition," I stated firmly.

"I'll agree to whatever conditions you have, but let's just get out of here. You're embarrassing me."

That's when I noticed the small crowd that had gathered, watching our little tug-of-war.

"Sorry, but not sorry. Why didn't you pick up my call?" I tried to shift the blame onto him, though deep down, I felt a pang of guilt. Sohyun knew me better than anyone; she knew I'd do something like this. She tried to stop me, but I insisted on coming here.

Taehyung's POV

"Are you happy now? You've put me in a tight spot," I questioned my sister, my only sister and the troublemaker herself. She irritated me endlessly, and I reciprocated the same. I insulted her, quarreled with her, but everything I did was because I cared for her. She was careless, reckless, and I didn't know when she'd grow up. I wanted to get angry with her, but I had no choice—I cared for her too much.

She remained silent, so I followed her. We reached the dorm gate, and I couldn't hold back anymore. "Why did you come here?"

"I wanted to talk. How dare you hang up on me?" she shot back.

"You were talking nonsense," I retorted.

"It's not nonsense. I want to win this competition, and you have to help."

I let out a long sigh. Just as I was about to scold her to stop, a girl interrupted. She was pretty, even in her school dress, looking like a model. Never had I seen a girl prettier than her.

"Jennie, calm down. It's okay; we'll manage. Let's go; it's getting late," she spoke with a soft voice that mesmerized me. I found myself staring at her.

"Hi, I'm Kim Taehyung, Jennie's brother. Nice to meet you," I introduced myself as confidently as I could, momentarily forgetting my argument with Jennie.

She nodded, then started to pull Jennie away. "Sohyun-ah, I need to talk to him. Please," Jennie pleaded, but she wasn't listening and continued to lead her away.

Even from behind, she was beautiful. Sohyun, what a pretty name. Why hadn't I seen her in school before? I'd heard her name often, but I never imagined she'd be this stunning. I always thought she'd be like the others, clinging to me when she visited our house, prompting me to lock myself in my room.

For the first time, I found someone interesting, someone attractive. It felt like love at first sight. Back in my room, I tried to read a novel, but my mind kept drifting. I just wanted to see her face again. I picked up the phone and dialed Jennie's number. She answered after the fourth ring. Jennie: "What do you want?" I sensed the anger in her voice.

Me: "What will I get if I agree to help you with the dance?"

Jennie: "Really? You want to help?"

Me: "What are you going to give me?"

Jennie: "What do you want?"

Me: "Sohyun's number."

Jennie: "Then forget it. I don't want your help."

Me: "Okay, I don't want her number. I'll help you."

Jennie: "Thanks, Oppa!"

I knew she was happy, but she couldn't be happier than me. I'd get to see her again tomorrow.