Chapter 8

Taehyung's POV

I couldn't tear my eyes away from her. It had been about a month of trying to confess my feelings, but every time I stood in front of her, I felt weak. My heart would beat like it was going to burst out of my chest.

"Do you like me?" Her sudden question caught me off guard.

"Ah, sorry, I didn't mean it that way. There's no way that you like me," she joked, but I could sense her disappointment.

"Why? Why can't I like you?" I spoke in a low tone, enough for her to hear. She stopped walking, but didn't turn around. I walked in front of her, determined to be honest.

"Yes."

"W-what do you mean by y-yes?" She stammered.

I smiled softly at her, taking a step closer. "The answer to your question."

"Which question? I don't remember the question, forget it," she tried to deflect, her cheeks flushed.

I wasn't going to let this moment slip away. "Yes, I do like you."

"Stop joking, Taehyung. I'm telling you, I'm getting angry," she protested, but her voice wavered.

"Sohyun-ah, I'm not joking. Can't you see that I can't help but smile when I see you? I can't help but come to you. I've never felt this way before. When I don't see you, I tend to make every possible excuse just to see you," I confessed, taking her small hand and placing it on my chest.

"Do you feel it? My heart has never beat this fast. Physical appearance can lie, but a heart never lies. Sohyun-ah, I like you. No, to be specific, I've fallen in love with you..."

A single tear rolled down her cheek, and my heart sank. Was it a mistake to confess? I blamed myself for making her cry, feeling my own heart crumble. I let go of her hand, ready to accept rejection. "It's okay if you don't like me..."

But before I could finish, she hugged me. I couldn't believe it—she was in my arms. A smile spread across my face as I held her tightly.

"It's not like... I don't like you, but... I can't believe... you also like me," she spoke through her tears.

"Why? Why is it impossible for me to fall for the prettiest girl on earth?" I tried to comfort her, relieved when she laughed softly through her tears.

We stood there, holding each other, the weight of unspoken words hanging in the air. I walked her home, the journey silent but filled with a newfound warmth between us. Maybe she was embarrassed about what happened, but I couldn't stop thinking that this might just be a dream, and I'd wake up any moment.

I felt like the happiest person on earth, praying that this feeling would never end. "Bye, I will text you after I reach the hostel," I said, watching her blush as she nodded.

"Okay, now go inside. I'll leave after I see you go in," I added, smiling as she waved and disappeared inside.

I practically ran back to the hostel, bursting with excitement. As soon as I entered our room, Jimin was lying on his bed with his phone in hand.

"Oh, you're back?"

Without a word, I took out my phone and texted her:

Me: I arrived at the hostel.

I waited anxiously for her reply, a smile plastered on my face.

"Somebody's happy today," Jimin remarked.

"Yes, I am happy. Are you jealous?" I teased.

"Huh? Why should I be jealous of you?"

"Because you don't have a girlfriend," I said, feeling a bit cocky.

"What do you mean..." He stopped abruptly, his eyes widening, "you mean you got a girlfriend?"

"Yes."

"And who's the girl?"

"Sohyun."

"Really? I'm jealous. Now tell me, how did you get her when I, with this handsome face, wasn't able to?"

"Don't talk about faces. Maybe she saw my sincere love, and yours wasn't sincere," I joked, ignoring his protests as my phone beeped with her reply.