Chapter 3

Dancers and the helper😂

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Dancers and the helper😂

Taehyung's POV

It felt like time was moving at a snail's pace today, unlike any usual day. I eagerly awaited the sun's appearance, knowing that after classes, I'd head home to help Jennie with the dance practice. It wasn't the dance that excited me; it was the prospect of seeing a certain someone. I wanted to know more about her—after all, the only thing I knew was her name. I couldn't deny that I had fallen for her at first sight.

Morning finally arrived. First day of college, I took a refreshing shower and dressed comfortably. Walking to college with my best friend and roommate, Park Jimin, I couldn't contain my unusually bright mood.

"You're looking unusually bright today," Jimin remarked.

"I'm always bright and handsome," I replied with a grin. I didn't want to tell him that I had fallen for a girl I just met yesterday. Yet, I could sense a change in myself—I kept smiling without reason. Perhaps he noticed.

"There's something different..." He eyed me suspiciously.

"Maybe your best friend has fallen in love," I hinted.

"No way! You always ignore girls who approach you. There's no way you've suddenly fallen for a girl," he didn't seem convinced, so I left it at that. I flashed my signature boxy smile, and we headed to our class. I could still see his confusion, but I'd tell him more when I knew a bit more myself.

Classes went smoothly, and after they were over, I headed back to the dorm, grabbed some necessities, and made my way home. Jennie had texted me to come home after class; we'd be practicing at our place in an unused room.

"I'm home," I announced as I stepped inside.

"Ah, my Tae is here! Why didn't you come earlier? I thought I might die without seeing your face," grandma spoke in her weak voice. She was, as always, sitting on the rocking chair, wearing a red sweater with floral patterns.

"I got a bit busy with the new semester, but I promise to visit you every day. If not, then at least once a week," I assured her, walking over to give her a hug. I felt a wave of relief; I had missed her so much, and no one could replace her in my heart.

"Hope you keep that promise. By the way, did you have lunch?"

"Grandma, it's 2 pm. Lunchtime has long passed, and I've already eaten. Anyway, when will Jennie be back?"

"At 3 pm. Oh, I remember. You agreed to help her, right? That's what a brother should do—help her in the future too. I want my babies to succeed in the future."

"Don't worry, grandma. Your Tae Tae will never leave Jennie alone." We continued chatting, catching up on everything I'd missed while away from home.

"Grandma! I'm home," Jennie's voice echoed from the doorway. I immediately turned to see Jennie entering, followed by two girls. Where was Sohyun? I wondered internally, but I didn't get a chance to ask Jennie.

"Taehyung Oppa, meet my friends Rose and Lisa," Jennie spoke with an unusually soft tone, and I smiled at them.

"Only them?" I blurted out bluntly, though unintentionally. All I received was a glare from Jennie, but she answered, "One more will be here soon."

"Grandma, I brought juice for you," I heard that soft voice from the doorway. Then, I saw her. She wasn't in her school dress today; she wore simple jogger and a t-shirt, yet she still had the power to captivate my heart.

"Sohyun-ah, aigoo, my pretty girl brought juice for me. Tae...Tae..." I was completely lost in her, not hearing grandma calling me. When I snapped back to reality, I noticed the girls laughing at me.

"What? Do you need anything, grandma?"

"No, just wanted to remind you to be helpful to them," she eyed me carefully and smirked. I couldn't quite grasp her meaning, but it was clear she was up to something.

"Let's head to the hall," Jennie tried to lead the way, but I interrupted.

"Wait, the rest of you can go. I need to talk to Jennie."

"What do you want?"

"Why didn't you introduce me to Sohyun?"

"Why should I? You met her yesterday."

"You never officially introduced her to me."

"Taehyung-ah, are you really interested in her? You were asking for her number yesterday, and now you're making a fuss about not being introduced to her."

"Yes, I like her. Can't you see that?" I confessed, unable to hold it in. She gave me a wicked smile, and I knew I was done for. I was never one to beat around the bush; I liked to keep things straightforward. I wanted my sister to know my feelings and help me, but now I realized it might have been a mistake.

"If you like her, you should have the confidence to approach her. I'm not going to help," Jennie replied, walking towards the hall. But I knew her; she had a sharp tongue, yet she'd be the one to help me.

"I like her," I blurted out without thinking. Oops, I had forgotten about grandma. She had been sitting there the whole time, listening to our conversation. How could I forget? She gave me a big smile, and I returned it, my face burning red with embarrassment.