Chapter 28

Taehyung’s POV

I got off the car and the first person I saw was Sohyun, I was so happy, she was still the same, so pretty, she was having trouble with her hair as her hands were busy carrying coffee I could at the time run and hug her but just in time Jimin called me from the back, “Yah- after 4 years we meet again”, I turned to hug him.

“You must be used to getting attention but I am feeling uncomfortable with so many eyes on us lets head inside” Jimin spoke while I was searching for Sohyun.

“Yah- you are really useless I lost Sohyun from my sight while talking” I quickly headed inside.

“You are still not able to forget her, she has moved on” Jimin had told me how she had been in these 4 years. It would be a lie if I say I didn’t care about her, I waited for this day, the day I would return to Korea. I tried my best to ask Jimin about her but I was scared that he would tell me Sohyun have moved on and I won’t have the courage to return.

She did move on but I know that she could never love another guy like she loved me. “Jungkook, right? Sohyun’s new boyfriend,” Jimin nodded. Sohyun-ah you did end up with the guy I met at the bus stop.

“The hall is ready and all actors and actresses with their manager have arrived” Jimin’s secretary informed.

“You really look like a company’s Executive director in suit” I teased him.

“You also look like a CEO in suit” we laughed at each other and executive director was the last job I imagined Jimin to be doing.

I entered the hall and the first face that attracted my attention was Jungkook, I agree he is handsome and I am jealous that at the moment he has the prettiest girl with him.

I could clearly see that he was shocked with my appearance but I acted as if I had met him for the first time. The meeting went swift; it started with my introduction and my promise to improve the company. Jungkook kept on watching me with a certain emotion that I can’t understand.

“You have next meeting with the writers, Sohyun will also be there” it made my heart skip a beat. Her name had the ability to make my heart skip a beat. I need to act normal; I can’t get emotional in front of her.

I entered the hall and the chief editor stood up to introduce herself but my eyes were only on Sohyun. I tried my best to look away but I could not take my eyes off her. I could see her have the same expression as Jungkook but her eyes was showing a different emotion, it was the sadness. I know she would hate me but I didn’t have another way.

The meeting started and completed but I kept on staring on her. She stood up and walked away as soon as the meeting was over but I wasn’t the one to give up. I stood up to go behind her, “Tahyung-ah, don’t forget that you aren’t that same college student who was madly in love with a girl but the CEO Kim Taehyung” Jimin whispered to me and was fast enough to hold me. I had a look around and saw many eyes on us.

“Let’s disperse!” I walked out of the hall and headed to my cabin. Why do I love her so much? I cannot get hold of myself when I see her. I banged my hands on the table as soon as I got in the cabin; I wanted to let the tears I have been holding in for 4 years. I worked really hard to reach here, the state where I can protect her.

“Why did you leave her if you loved her this much, this much that you are not able to move on after 4 years?” Jimin spoke when he saw the mess I have created. As always I ignored his question, but I know that what I did was the only way to keep her safe.

FLASHBACK

I ran to hospital, on the way I kept on thinking about Sohyun, she must be waiting for me as I told her to wait for me. Just then my phone beeped and got switched off. But I kept on running, I ran to the counter and asked about my grandmother, they told me to head towards ICU, every step I took towards ICU made my heart ached, I can’t lose my grandmother as she is the only one by my side.

She has been by our side since we were born, Jennie and I were left at grandma’s place just a day after we were born and it was grandma who had watched us grow. My parents are so full of greed that they don’t care whether their child dies or lives. My dad kept on pressurizing us with his dreams but I never let Jennie know this. My dream wasn’t to be a businessman but to be an idol, I wanted to study music but if I kept on insisting this I knew that they would pressurize Jennie and that was the last thing I wanted.

When I opened the door, I saw grandma lying lifeless on the bed the oxygen mask covered her wrinkled face and many tubes were connected to her. I walked towards her, tears fell down naturally, this wasn’t the scene I wanted to see and I never wanted her to be in this situation. I sat next to her bed, “I am sorry grandma for not being with you when this happened” I blamed myself for being careless and not being with her.

Just the Dr. Hwang entered, “Taehyung-ah, listen to me carefully Mrs. Kim does not have much time left, you need to be by her side all the time, I have called your parents and they said they have some urgent meeting going on, they won’t be able come before this weekend but they are sending Jennie by tonight’s flight” This was how they were, they couldn’t come even when grandma is on her death bed. I couldn’t hold my tears; I was hurt at the same time angry with them. I wanted Sohyun by my side but my phone was out of charge, I asked help from Dr. Hwang but I could never leave grandma’s side.

After few hours I heard something, it was grandma, she was awaked, “Taehyung-ah, take care of Sohyun…” she wanted to say more but she kept on getting breathless.

“Grandma, don’t talk you need to rest” I tried to stop but she was not stopping

“Tahyung-ah, your parents called me yesterday they want you to get married to their friend’s daughter. It’s business marriage…” I didn’t let her complete.

“Grandma, I will tell them about Sohyun and if they don’t accept her, I am ready to leave that house. It wasn’t my house from the beginning, I can’t stay where my grandma isn’t respected, grandma don’t worry…”

But this time Grandma interrupted, “Don’t tell them, I know you love her but you also know your parents, they aren’t going to leave her in peace.”

“But grandma, what should I do? I can’t leave her; I can’t marry any girl other than Sohyun. She is the only one for me” I sobbed hard, the thought of losing grandma and Sohyun was beyond my expectation. I never thought a day like this would come.

“You should reach to the level where no one would dare to harm you. Taehyung-ah, you should become so strong that no one would be able to harm you and Sohyun.” I continued to sob.

“Taehyung-ah, stop crying, be strong and work for Sohyun, she needs you” the next thing I heard was the beep and saw the line on the screen get straight.

I rushed outside calling for doctor it wasn’t any help. And the most important person of my life disappeared. Dr. Hwang came out and said, “Taehyung-ah, you should call your parents.” he then handed me my phone. I called my dad,

Taehyung: Dad, grandma is no more and even if you have the most important meeting of your life, don’t you think you should at least come to see her off?

I shouted at him.

Dad: I will come, but I heard you are really busy with a girl let’s talk when we get there.

He then cut the call, how could a person be this heartless? I cried more, “Grandma, wake up please, I won’t be able to stay by my Sohyun’s side if you don’t help me. Grandma I can’t live without you, Grandma please wake up” I shouted sitting by her side but I had no way to wake her up, I tried to shake her but I didn’t get any answer.

Now what should I do, if I listen to my parents, I will have to leave Sohyun and if I stay by her side my parents will make her life more miserable.

FLASHBACK ENDS