Chapter 41

Sohyun's POV

It's been a week and life is back to normal, Jungkook was at his shoot while I was working on my new script. The last script I have submitted got positive reviews from the editor and I am really happy about that. The new script was the story I always wanted to write, 'the pain of first love'.

I was still creating my character when my phone rang, it was Jennie,

Me: Hello

Jennie: let's skip all the greetings; I think I am in trouble.

Me: what happened? Are you okay?

I was worried about her; I stood up at once, picked up my jacket from the wardrobe to head her way.

Jennie: Wait, wait I am in front of your house.

Me: Okay, I am coming to open the door.

I threw the coat on the bed and instantly ran to the door, as soon as I opened the door, I saw Jennie completely different. She was lost in her thoughts even when she was inside.

"What happened to you?" I asked

"Sohyun-ah, I think my career has come to end when it is at its peak." Jennie spoke without meeting my eyes.

"Why? Will you please tell me? I am getting nervous here." I shouted.

"I think I am pregnant" she stated

"What? Its Jin's right?" she nodded

"Then what is the problem, its good news, have you told him?"

"No, I still need to confirm it, however if it comes positive what about my career? I am scared that I have to leave everything for baby." I could now understand her worries.

"Yah- don't worry about it, I will help you in every turn in your life. First let's confirm it, let's go to hospital." She agreed

I informed mom and left for hospital, Jennie on the way to hospital kept on talking about how it is end of her career but deep down I could hear happiness in her voice. Jin and Jennie have been together for so long that they have decided to get married but it was earlier than what they have planned.

"Sohyun-ah, what should I do if it comes positive?" Jennie spoke when we were in the waiting room waiting for the result. Jennie was wearing mask to hide her face and I tried my best to not let others notice.

"Jennie-ah, I know you love your career but you can continue after giving birth, I know that you are happy to know about your baby but the only thing is you are scared. Don't worry; I will always be by your side."

Just then I heard two nurses talking,

Nurse 1: Do you know IU came to hospital today, she tried her best to hide her face and she met gynecologist.

Nurse 2: Who won't recognize her? I would even recognize her with the way she walks, but the thing I am curious is why Jungkook was with her? Maybe the rumors were true; I think they are really dating. Moreover IU is pregnant with his child.

"Sohyun-ah, you said Jungkook was busy today right?" Jennie asked as soon as the nurses vanished from our sight. This is the my best friend who would forget all her problems and starts worrying about me.

"He told me his schedule was packed today as he has to shoot whole day." I replied innocently.

"Let me see" Jennie's face changed, all this time she was worried about the pregnancy report but suddenly her focus changed. She took her phone out and I could see her calling Tae, I tried to stop her but as always I failed this time too.

"Yah- Kim Taehyung, where are you?"

I could not hear his replies but Jennie did ask him about Jungkook's schedule, maybe he complained, it took a bit to convince him to ask Jimin about it. She then said, "Okay" and cut the call.

"Jimin asked Jungkook's manager about his schedule and he said that Jungkook didn't have any program today. Did he lie to you? I can't let him go, why did he lie to you? And he is here trying to create another scandal" Jennie was now getting furious.

"Maybe nurses were mistaken..." I was cut short when doctor called us inside.

"Sit down" the doctor was a middle aged lady with thin framed spectacles, but Jennie caught her attention, "Are you that model?" This time Jennie took off her mask and glass and nodded.

"I heard IU came here this morning" we observed her reaction.

"Do you know her... oh no, we are not allowed to give any information about our patients." Doctor's reply confirmed the doubt in my mind about IU's visit to hospital but I was still not sure about the pregnancy.

"And about your result, you need to take care of yourself, the report came positive...." Jennie was completely confused but my attention was on the file which was lying on the doctors table. I thought it might have IU's information; I tried to convince myself that Jungkook was not the father of the baby.

"I need to tell Jin now but what about you and Jungkook, you need to really do something I know you didn't ask him about the scandal too." Jennie spoke as soon as we exited the doctor's cabin.

"I think, it would hurt him if I ask him about these things." I could not meet her eyes.

"Sohyun-ah, do you realize that you are no different from Taehyung, your complaint was, he isn't sharing what he was feeling and what about you now and you are also doing the same." She was right and I can do was to drop her home and head towards Jungkook's house, I will clear all the confusions and misunderstandings between us. 

******

Sorry for the late update, I was not able to update it as the semester is coming to the end and I am stuck with assignment and projects.