Chapter 9

Sohyun's POV

Walking into my humble abode, I felt a sense of comfort. My house wasn't glamorous, but it was cozy enough. I was lucky to have met a kind-hearted landlady. It consisted of a kitchen, a bathroom, and another room I used as both a bedroom and study space. The smaller the space, the easier it was to maintain. My mom visited once a month, prompting a thorough cleaning session. Usually, I wasn't the lazy type, but with all the part-time jobs and studies, spare time was a luxury.

After a long shower, I stood in front of the mirror, pondering. What had Taehyung seen in me? The thought brought a genuine smile to my lips. Glancing at my phone, I noticed a new message from Taehyung.

Him: I arrived at the hostel.

I struggled to compose a reply, typing and deleting repeatedly. Finally, after countless revisions, I settled on: "Okay, goodnight." It felt silly, but I didn't want to come off as too eager. I wanted to say I missed him, but it felt clingy. I wanted to express my feelings, but insecurity held me back. He was too handsome, and I felt inadequate.

Lost in thought, my phone beeped again, and it was him.

Taehyung: So early. Don't you want to chat with me? If you're too tired to type, I'll call you.

His unexpected message surprised me, but it also made me happy. How easily he expressed his feelings! Maybe he was the missing piece I needed.

Without hesitation, I swiped to answer his call.

Me: Hello.

Taehyung: Hey, tomorrow is the weekend, right?

Me: Yes.

Taehyung: Do you have any plans for tomorrow?

Me: No plans, just my usual part-time job at the cafe.

Taehyung: What time? Let's hang out after your shift. I already started missing you.

Me: It's an 8 a.m. shift, done by 12 noon. Let's meet...

Taehyung: Cafe Sunshine, right? I know your workplace. I did some "stalking" before approaching you. Let's meet there.

Me: I think I have a saesang fan.

Taehyung: And this fan of yours loves you a lot.

His words made me blush, and I could feel my heart beating faster.

Me: I like you too...

Taehyung: Wah, I'm getting a heart attack...

His laughter through the phone was contagious, and I found myself laughing with him. But then, I noticed a message from Jennie.

Me: Taehyung, let's meet tomorrow. I need to talk to Jennie.

Taehyung: Taehyung? Call me Oppa or baby, something sweeter. I'm not just your best friend's brother anymore, I'm your boyfriend now.

Me: Wow, I still doubt I'm your first girlfriend. You sound so experienced.

Taehyung: It's not about experience, it's about you. You make me like this. You make me feel in a different way. Maybe this is what love is.

Me: Okay, okay, Oppa, baby, and everything. Let's meet tomorrow. Goodnight and sweet dreams.

Taehyung: Okay, goodnight. Hope you see me in your sweet dreams.

After ending the call, I immediately texted Jennie.

Me: I need to tell you something.

Jennie: Did something happen between you and him?

Me: How do you know that?

Jennie: He made me leave, I wasn't busy at all. I'm bored to hell after leaving early 😪😪🥱

Me: Your brother proposed to me, and now we're in a relationship 😊😊

Jennie: Finally 🤦🤦🤦

Me: What do you mean by 'finally'?

Jennie: I knew from the beginning that you both had feelings for each other. I was just waiting for both of you to realize. Sohyun-ah, I'm happy you're going to be my sister-in-law.

Me: It was me who was a fool all this time. I'm angry with you.

Jennie: As an apology, want to hang out with me tomorrow? Let's go shopping.

Panic set in. I had agreed to meet Taehyung tomorrow, and if I refused Jennie, she'd think I was ditching a friend for my boyfriend. What should I do? My phone beeped again.

Jennie: Don't tell me you have a date with Taehyung.

Me: Okay, let's meet tomorrow after my shift ends at 12 noon. Goodnight, I need to wake up early.

Jennie: Okay, sweet dreams. Congratulations on being my sister-in-law.

I sighed, feeling a mix of excitement and nervousness. Tomorrow was going to be eventful, to say the least.

*******

Sorry for late update and happy reading