Chapter 35

Jungkook’s POV

I wanted to turn back and hug her but I don’t want her to see my tears. I don’t want to make her unhappy, I will miss her, I want her to go with me however I am a bit disappointed, I can’t hold the fact that she didn’t pick my call as she was with Taehyung and she didn’t find it important to tell me that her ex-boyfriend is staying at her house.

He was even wearing my clothes, I understand that he was in need of it but I can’t sacrifice Sohyun if he needs her. I can’t give her, she is my world and my everything. I regretted parting in cold way, I took out my phone and texted her.

“I am sorry, I will miss you baby bear. I will call you as soon as I land US”

I got immediate reply and that sort of made me happy, “I will also miss you, complete your work and remember to return to your baby bear.”

I smiled and had a nap as I was going to have a long flight.

Taehyung’s POV

I was still sitting on sofa when Sohyun returned with a gloomy face. “Are you really sad as you are going to be away from your boyfriend for a week?” I spoke.

“Yes” she replied without taking her glance off the phone.

I think Jungkook texted her something, I wanted to talk to her a bit more but my phone rang and it was Jennie. I don’t want to pick this call but I guess Sohyun saw Jennie’s name flashing on my screen, without asking my permission she snatched the phone and accepted the call, “Yah- Jennie-ah, come to my house and take your brother.” She shouted through the phone.

“That’s my phone,” I snatched back and spoke again, “What do you want now?”

“How can you still act like a teenager, you also have the guts to come back to meddle in her happy life. Not only returning to Korea but also went to stay at her place.”

“I don’t disagree that I am shameless but my love for her is true and only I know how much I love her.” I replied when I was far enough from Sohyun’s radar.

“If you loved her so much, why did you leave her? After leaving her you even got engaged and moreover you completely stopped talking with me just in the fear of hearing about her”

I didn’t reply, I don’t think I have to tell her the reason and sometimes silence is better than explanations.

“Anyways I am coming there, let’s talk when we meet and I am warning you, you are not going to stay there, I know Jungkook is a great guy but he won’t be happy to see his girlfriend with her ex” without waiting for reply she cut the call.

As I turned back I met Lucas’s eyes, “Are you not going to work today?” he questioned.

“I don’t think I am going to stay here for too long, I think I am being the third person in Sohyun’s happy relationship.” I replied with eyes filled with tears.

“I am sorry bro, I am of no help, I think Sohyun will be the one to decide the fate” Lucas padded me on my shoulder just to cheer me up.

“Yah- Lucas you are still here? I told you, your manager wants you in practice room in 15 minutes” Mrs. Kim shouted when she saw Lucas still in the house.

Now this feels like a real house where you have a nagging mother to remind you every now and then that you have a work to do. The environment in my house wasn’t same, we have maids to help us, they don’t scold us with so much care in their voice, they talk to us politely and also the voice has some fear in it. Maybe it was the fear of becoming jobless if they commit a mistake.

“Taehyung-ah, what would you like to eat for lunch?” Mrs. Kim brought me out of my thoughts while Lucas was waving at us as he was ready to leave.

“I am okay with anything, Mrs. Kim” I replied while my eyes were searching for Sohyun.

“Are you searching for Sohyun?” I was caught off guard by her question, I had no answer and instead I smiled at her.

“I know you are Sohyun’s first love and I hate you as you broke my daughter’s heart, she won’t come out of her room as she is working on her script” She started walking towards kitchen after leaving me in confusion.

“Why are you letting me stay in your house if you hate me?” I was fast enough to catch her up and ask.

“Sohyun always wanted to be a lawyer, she had that dream since her first day in school and I never thought she would change her interest when she was so close to fulfilling her dreams. And later I sensed that Sohyun must be in love but she never told me” she took out vegetables from and fridge, washed them and started chopping and my mind was still stuck at her last word.

“But she never told you about me, how did you know it was me?” I felt as if I was investigating her, asking questions after question.
“Wah- you are really something, why do you ask so many questions?”
“It’s all because I still love her” this time I sounded really desperate.
She sighed and continued, “Aigoo- I didn’t want to help someone who had hurt my daughter but I know that she still have you in her heart. I don’t want my daughter to compromise with her life. When she was in high school, she stayed alone and I would sometimes come to visit her, in her sleep she would call your name and smile like a silly girl. I was really happy to know that my daughter was happy; she was finally having time for herself. She would usually study or work just as not to be burden on me and all she got in return was loneliness. I know she always puts on a fake smile even if she is not okay but that time I came to know that she was really happy. However a year later, I could see her crying in her sleep, she would call your name and cry whole night, I wanted to talk to you but I had no idea of your identity, you really made her suffer, then Jungkook entered her life everything started getting normal and I know Jungkook is a great guy, he will take good care of Sohyun but all I need is for her to be happy. Yesterday I heard her crying again, I know that she isn’t able to forget you. I want you to vanish from her memories but I am scared that I some of those memories which she considers to be the happiest moment in her life also disappear with you.” At the end of her story tears started rolling down my cheeks; I could see Mrs. Kim was also crying.

“Why is her fate so cruel to her that she had to love you even when you are the one who hurts her the most? I know you also love her but she will never come to you as she is committed to Jungkook”
“And I am not approving this relationship.” Mrs. Kim tried to lift the atmosphere but nothing was working, both of us were crying.
Just then the door bell rang.