Chapter 22

Jungkook’s POV

Today is my first day to university, RM, Suga and I are happy to be placed in the same room.

“What’s your first class?” Suga spoke while walking.

“I have English, what about you guys?” RM replied.

“Same here” Suga and I responded at the same time. What a luck? We walked to the provided classroom.

As soon as we entered RM turned back and spoke, “Isn’t that the same girl we met last time?”

Suga and I turned to the direction he was pointing; I can’t believe that she was here.

“What is she doing here?” I spoke with surprise.

“Wah- why are you so silly? Can’t you see that she is also a student?” Suga spoke with disbelieved voice. “Anyways, English isn’t my type of subject; let’s find a comfortable seat so that I can rest my head”

“Let’s go near our Jungkook’s girlfriend,” RM started walking dragging me behind him and Suga followed him without even looking where he is heading.

“No, don’t do this” I tried my best to resist but I was already late, “Is this seat empty?” RM asked. She nodded without a glance at us. She was busy reading book.

RM intentionally made me sit next to her. I still had that awkward feeling inside me. I didn’t want to disturb her but I could not hold myself. RM kept on ignoring me whereas Suga was sleeping. Why isn’t the professor coming?

Finally I decided to talk to her, “We are meeting for the third time, right?”

I could see her staring me with astonishment, “I am sorry I don’t think I have seen you before”

“I saw you at the bus station last time, you fainted in the rain and your boyfriend took you to hospital”

“Ahh, so embarrassing” she murmured to herself an all I could do was smile.

I should not have brought this up, now she is embarrassed all thanks to me. To change the topic I introduced myself.

“My name is Jeon Jungkook, these are my friends RM and Suga” I leaned backward so that she could see them.

“Hi, I am Kim Sohyun” She greeted them.

“Hi!” Suga raised his hands still sleeping with his head on the desk.

“Hi, don’t mind him, he is always sleepy and I need to tell you, you look pretty even when you are drunk”

“What do you mean by that?” Sohyun asked him and I could sense her voice was filled with curiosity.

I tried to stop RM but I don’t know why I am always late when it comes to stopping RM from doing something foolish. “You don’t remember the Karaoke moment?”

“Oh, my landlady told me that three strangers dropped me home, were those three strangers you guys?” She now sounded excited.

“She was your landlady, how rude? She didn’t even thank us.” Sohyun was doing her best to control her laugh. Why is she so pretty? I could not help but keep on staring at her.

“Okay, let me thank on her behalf and mine too, I wasn’t able to thank you guys that day.”

“You are welcome” RM shamelessly replied.

“Oh, were you alone that day?” I asked as I was wondering where her boyfriend was, leaving his girlfriend in that state.

“No, I was with my friend, the one that you saw at the bus station. His name is Lucas, he took me to hospital”

“Oh! Your boyfriend, right?”

“No, we are cousins” I don’t know why but I was happy to hear that.

But out of nowhere RM poked his head in between and said, “Her boyfriend’s name is Kim Taehyung, don’t you remember her shouting that day?”

This sentence instantly made her gloomy, “We broke up” She went back to reading her book. I glared at RM but he smiled to me and whispered “its good news”. Now all I could do was sighing at his behavior, I turned to Sohyun, I could see her eyes were filled with tears, “I am sorry, he speaks without thinking”.

She took a long breath and replied, “I don’t mind, he spoke the truth.” Just then the professor entered the classroom and our attention got divided.

The class ended early and Sohyun got up to leave the class, “What major are you guys taking?” we replied her and came to know that RM and Sohyun are in same major, why didn’t I chose that? We parted our way as Sohyun and RM headed for the next class together. I admit I am jealous but I don’t know why I feel that way, am I falling in love for the first time in my life?