Chapter 19

“Let’s break up” what did I just heard.

“What do you mean Tae, what do you mean by let’s break up it was all okay yesterday and what happened to you in 24 hours?” I could not stop but ask him what happened.

“Sohyun-ah, since Grandma is no more, I am moving with my parents” he replied without meeting my eyes.

“It isn’t a big problem, it would be okay if we remain faithful towards each other we can have long distance relationship, I won’t ask for more but please Tae don’t leave me and I can’t imagine my life without you.” I started sobbing uncontrollably, even my legs started feeling weak I could not even stand up to his level.

“Why don’t you understand that I am fed up of you? I can’t bear watching your face for another minute”

“I can’t believe this is you, my Tae who would leave all his works just to have a glance at me” he stood like a rock, hard and cold. “Why aren’t you answering me? You are joking to me right? If this is a prank I am not forgiving you, please Tae tell me it is a lie.”

“Do you think I would be in the mood to joke?” He replied coldly, a tone that I have never heard before.

“Tae, did you ever love me? Even for once?” he was still not replying me. “Tae, reply me… Was our relation so weak that you would leave me with no explanation? Was I this meaningless to you? If you never loved me why did you approach me?”

“I don’t think I need to reply you, I can’t stay in Korea, I have dreams and ambitions to fulfill, company to take over after my father I can’t sacrifice all this for you” his reply was enough to break my heart into thousand pieces.

“Maybe I never saw the real you, you were just playing with my heart. Tae...ahh- sorry Mr. Kim Taehyung, I am sorry for loving you and I mean it” I said this but I never meant it; I want it to be a dream and end it as soon as I wake up.

“It’s better if you understand this faster”

“Tae, how could you do this to me?”

“Do whatever you like, I don’t care.” He stood up and started to walk away “Take care” he spoke without turning back.

I was still not able to differentiate if it was a dream or reality; I kept on thinking about the times we have spent together. The tears were showing no signs of stopping.

The weather also got gloomy, the clouds got accumulated and within no time the rain started pouring down, still my body didn’t feel anything it was numb just as my heart. I stood up and started walking absentmindedly, I could see people walking up and down looking for the shade but I was completely drenched still with no will to find shade.

The tears were continuously rolling but the rain disguised it as its droplet. I walked with no sense of direction but after some time I arrived at a bus stop. I could feel stares at me but I didn’t care. I was deep in my thoughts that I didn’t realize a jacket on me, some random guy felt pity on me and must have gave me his jacket.

The thought that Grandma is gone and Tae too, I never in my wildest dreams thought of this. Even Jennie is not here.

I went there to console him and what I got in return what beyond what I have expected. I want to tell him my result, I completely forgot about it and gradually the surrounding started disappearing, I could not see anything it was all black.

When I opened my eyes, I could see the white ceiling, the smell my nose sensed was different and I could smell medicines. I turned to my right side to see Lucas sleeping, when I moved a bit I must have disturbed him “Sohyun-ah, did you wake up? I was really worried about you”

“What about Tae? Did he come to see me?” all I could care was Tae. Lucas shook his head “You have been on this bed for 4 days, did you forget that you catch cold easily, how can you stay in rain for that long?”

“Four days? I have to talk to Tae, we need to sort things out” the only thing in my mind right now was Tae, I can’t live without him.

“Jennie came 2 days back, she said that they were leaving yesterday and she was really worried about you, she told me to tell you to call her when you wake up. You stay here, I will fill up the discharge form” I could sense that Lucas was not intentionally asking me about Tae, he don’t want to see me cry. But it wasn’t in his hands, I cry with a single thought of him “I miss him…I miss him very much.”

I never knew love could be this cruel....