Part 41: Ronin & Lily Concluded

Lily slipped her arm around Ronin's as they ascended the stairs up to her apartment. Her fingers slowly ran up and down his arm; feeling across his sleeve and over his bare forearm, around his wrist and back up the inside of arm. Her fingers seemed to leave warm, tingling traces over his skin.

"So," he leaned closer, lowering his voice to a low murmur near her ear, "what do you like?"

She giggled. She'd had two more cosmo's at the bar while they talked, and though she wasn't drunk, Ronin sensed she was a bit tipsy. "I don't really know."

Ronin had heard that before. Many women, and some men too, hesitated to describe what they really wanted. Maybe it was a culture of sexual taboo, maybe it was the strain of talking about a personal subject to an almost-stranger, maybe it made people feel too vulnerable.

"Do you like oral sex?" Ronin asked.

Lily giggled again, her cheeks turning redder. "I-I don't know."

"Have you ever had it?"

"Um, well, Mark didn't like to do it. He thought it was kind of gross."

"Is he the only one you've been with?"

"Well..." Her smile remained, thought it turned wincing. She found the door to her floor and turned into the hall.

Following, Ronin shrugged a shoulder. "It's okay if you have."

"There was one other guy. He, um... He liked doing it. Or, he said so, at least."

"Did you like it?"

A small smile crept over her lips. "Yeah." Then, she looked up. "But, if you don't like it—"

Ronin chuckled. "I like it a lot, actually." He smiled. "You're beautiful. Nothing about you could be gross. He just didn't appreciate you."

Lily's face turned darker red. Giggling, she stopped at her apartment door and unlocked it. She smiled at Ronin as she opened the door. "Come on in."

Ronin followed her inside. He took his boots off as she slid out of her heels. He glanced around as unlaced his boots; her space was warm and inviting, with a cozy sectional wrapping around a rich wood coffee table, paintings on the wall showing couples in love, one couple sharing a red umbrella and another looking up into blue rainfall.

"Make yourself comfy. Do you want some wine?" Lily asked. "White, red, rose?"

"Sure. Whatever you like." Ronin sat down on the couch.

Lily brought two glasses of white wine into the living room. Ronin took a sip, watching her do the same. As she brought the glass away from her lips, Ronin set down his glass and leaned closer. Gently taking Lily's glass, he set it down on the table, touched her cheek and kissed her. A soft sigh escaped her as their lips met. Her hands slipped around Ronin's shoulders as his eased around her head, combing his fingers through her hair. She touched his chest and moved down his stomach, leaving warm, tingling trails through his skin.

Ronin's hands moved down her chest as he kissed her neck, gently rounding the curve of her breast. He looked up at her. "Is that okay?"

Taking his face with one hand, she sighed and kissed him. "Feels wonderful."

Skimming his hand lightly over her breast, he pulled gently at the neckline of her dress, "Can I take this off?"

She nodded. "Uh-huh." Then she fingered the buttons on his shirt. "Will you take yours off first?"