Part 4: Cait and Mara

Biting her lip, Cait looked her reflection up and down. The blue dress was cute, but not sexy. Did she want to be sexy? Jeans, she decided, we too casual for this particular meeting. But a dress seemed—what? Trying to hard?

She sighed. What does it matter? I'm paying her for sex, for Christ's sake!

But it still felt like a date. The nervous fluttering in her belly was one she hadn't felt in years. She wanted to look good. She wanted to look beautiful. She wanted to be desired.

Painting wet cherry lip gloss across her lips, she took a deep breath as she assessed her reflection again. "Good enough." Exhaling, she left the bathroom and strode into the bedroom. The furry leather cuffs were stowed safely in the bottom drawer of the nightstand by the bed. She thought about clipping the chains to the bedposts, but that seemed creepy. What if she changes her mind? What if I do?

Shaking her head, feeling her anxious heartbeat rising in her chest, she went downstairs.

Leaning on the archway, she looked over the living room—it was neat, books and papers and plates picked up, everything in its place. She reconsidered the lit scented jar candle again. Too forward? But it filled the air with the scent of Moonlit Rain—a dark and musky scent that was too decadent to resist.

In the kitchen, a unopened bottle of red wine waited on the counter next to two glasses. For once, the other glass was not for David. She knew she should've felt guilty. But she didn't.

A light, melodic tinkling through the house—the doorbell.

Holding her breath, Cait crossed the living room to the door, and opened it.

The dark-haired woman on the other side wore the same easy smile as in her picture. Dark bangs fell across her forehead, the rest of her hair cropped short. A dusky purple darkened her brown eyes, matching her grape lips. She wore tight black, shiny leggings and a lilac crop top, showing the curve of her belly and the edges of her hip bones.

Cait tried to exhale, but couldn't.

"I'm Mara. Can I come in?"

Cait shook out of her trance. "Of course! Sorry! Please." She opened the door wider and watched Mara pass.

My God. She is sexy. Half of Cait wanted to put her hands around Mara's chin and kiss her sweet grape lips immediately. The other half wanted to know how she pulled off purple makeup so easily.

"Please, have a seat. Anywhere." Cait gestured to the living room. As the beautiful woman sat down on the sofa, Cait suddenly felt like she was entertaining—impressing—a new friend. "Would you like some wine?"

"Sure." Mara got up, following Cait into the kitchen. "Let me help."

"Oh, that's okay, it's right here." Cait pierced the cork with the tip of the corkscrew. Mara came close, leaning against the counter, almost touching her. Mara's eyes went from the cork, up to Cait's face, sending a flame to her cheeks.

Plunk! The cork popped out. The bottle tipped in anxious Cait's fingers, splashing red up. "Oh!"

"Careful!" Mara grabbed her hands, holding the bottle.

Exhaling, Cait met Mara's gaze. Her fingers, strong and warm around Cait's hands, squeezed gently. That easy smile Cait was already fond of turned Mara's lip. "You okay?"

Cait chuckled. "I guess I'm a little nervous. I've never done this before."

Taking the bottle, Mara poured both glasses. "Paid for sex? Or been with a woman?"

"No, I've been with a woman. Er, once. No, twice. I just... uh..."

"Hey." Raising her glass, Mara's easy smile turned warm. "No worries. This is your night, okay? We can go as fast or as slow as you want." She took a sip, though her burning brown eyes never left Cait's.

Cait took a deeper sip, letting the dry, bitter red slip down her throat and spread warm tendrils across her chest. Setting the glass on the counter, she studied Mara, from her smokey eyes, down the plane of her nose, to her ripe, rich lips. Her lips curved into a smile.

"Can I kiss you?" Cait asked quietly, her words almost catching in her throat.

"Yes." A sultry, single word.

Sliding closer down the counter, Cait reached for Mara's face. Her fingers eased around the back of her neck, her thumb brushing up Mara's jaw. The kiss was like a spark, then a fire. Her full, soft lips were a caress, massaging away Cait's apprehension. Two soft kisses and Cait pulled her gently closer, tasting her lips. Wet cherry lip gloss slid between their tongues, tumbling over each other, slipping across wet lips. Mara's arms encircled Cait's back, her fingers skating across her shoulder blades and pushing their chests together. Cait sighed, feeling herself melt into Mara's arms.

Pulling her lips away only to breathe, Cait found herself entwined in Mara. Her sweet, seductive scent and the warmth of her body made a much more heady concoction than the wine. Looking into Mara's eyes, Cait said quietly, "Would you want to go upstairs?"

Mara moved closer, kissing her lips once, and skimming her nose along Cait's jaw, sending jittery tingles up her spine. A line of soft, wet kisses and cool, sighing breaths on her neck pulled a moan from Cait's chest. With a light suck, Mara's pulled Cait's ear between her lips, her teeth raking gently across. With her soft lips skimming across Cait's ear, Mara whispered, "Take me."

to be continued... 

... 

Author's note: 

 Oh, no, I spilled the wine! Heeeelp me, pretty lady... 

Corny? More than a little. ;) 

I wanted to finish this scene so bad! I'm sorry this is so short. But I'm falling asleep where I sit, and that means bad writing, and this scene deserves good writing, dang it! Fuzzy handcuffs are next, I absolutely promise. 

Cover photo by Mia Harvey on Unsplash