Part 23: Max & Keith Completed

"You've changed."

Running his hands over Keith's torso, his fingertips skimming across the fields of soft skin over his ribs and thin chest, down to his muscled stomach, the changes in Keith's body made Max think of his own. The soft body Max remembered, with its gentle rises and falls, reassuring warmth and encircling pressure, was a long-ago memory. The sting at the sides of Max's chest, now barely perceptible underneath the exhilaration thumping through his heart, made Max wonder if Keith thought of a long-ago memory too.

Keith scoffed. "Yeah, I got hot."

"I always thought you were hot." Taking his face in both hands, Max kissed him, long, slow and deep.

Holding him close, chest against chest, Keith chuckled softly. "No, you didn't."

"I did."

"You like chubby guys?"

"I dunno." Running his hands over Keith's naked chest, Max couldn't deny the burn of desire in his belly. "I dunno if I have a 'type.' I know I want you."

With one hand running through Max's hair, Keith kissed his ear and neck. "I want you too," he murmured in his ear. "Do you still like it—like how we used to do it?"

Max couldn't help but smile. "Yeah. I guess that makes sense now too."

"Some straight guys like to bottom," Keith countered. "I'm just not straight."

"I have more, um, options now." Heat crept into Max's cheeks again.

Keith chuckled. "Remember when we went to that sex shop?"

Max snorted, his cheeks heating further. "I was so nervous."

"You ran in there, grabbed the first dong you saw, and never looked the cashier in the eye."

"You walked in there like the fucking Elvis of dildos."

Keith laughed. "I'm not scared of dildos. I love sex shops."

Max looked up at him sheepishly. "Do a lot of your other, um, customers use—you know?"

"Strap-ons?"

"I meant sex toys in general, but sure."

"Are you kidding? Of course. And if they don't, I do."

"Even, like," Max bit the inside of his lip "other guys?"

"Oh yeah. There's all kinds of reasons guys use sex toys." Encircling Max's back, Keith gently pulled him a bit closer, pressing their bodies together. "Don't worry about it." He smiled, leaning forward, almost kissing him, "just like old times."

Max met his kiss and let the warm desire fill his chest. Holding his face in both hands, Max gently combed through his hair and behind his ear. The kiss broke briefly as they both stepped towards the bed, still intertwined. At the edge, Keith jumped into bed and gestured for Max. "Come here."

Max rolled on top of him, kissing him and reaching under his shirt. Keith let him pull his shirt over his head. As Max started to pull off his own shirt, Keith started on his own belt. When Max raised his arms over his head, the sting of the healing cuts in his chest stopped him. Hearing Max's hiss, Keith stopped and rose up to his knees.

"You okay?"

Max frowned, carefully unbuttoning his shirt now, and nodded towards the cuts on his chest. "Still hurts. A little."

Keith's head tilted, sympathy coming over his gaze. Looking down, he finished the last button on Max's shirt. His hands glided over Max's shoulders and pushed the shirt off. Looking him up and down once, Keith met his eyes again. "I don't know what it's like. But I'm proud of you," he said quietly. "And you look so good."