Drive [MiTzu ft. ChaeTzu]

Mina x Tzuyu

(Inspired by Olivia Rodrigo's song: Driver's license)

It's difficult to develop feelings for someone who doesn't share your feelings.

Tzuyu was lying on her bed, alone, and she can't stop thinking about getting her driver's license. She and her best friend Chaeyoung had often discussed it.

"What are you thinking, Tzuyu-ah?" Chaeyoung asked, climbing to her side.

"You." Tzuyu thought.

"Nothing. I'm just dozing off." She responded by sitting up.

"Anyway, I'm very happy for you. At least one of us will soon be able to gain a driver's license." Chaeyoung spoke with enthusiasm.

"Right. You should have one as well, you know." Tzuyu said.

"Nah. I'm not a big fan of cars, if you know what I mean." Tzuyu nodded, and Chaeyoung shrugged.

She understands exactly what she is saying. Chaeyoung has a distinct sense of style and a unique sense of living. Tzuyu admires the latter for choosing to walk or ride a bike instead of driving a car.

Tzuyu strongly disagrees when others describe Chaeyoung as strange and unusual. In fact, she admires the girl for being different and having her own sense of style, which she considers to be her best quality.

"Can I take you out to dinner if I get my driver's license?" Tzuyu was able to say this after gathering the courage to make a move.

Chaeyoung smiled at her, revealing her lovely dimples.

"That sounds nice. We've been friends for so long and we haven't even had a proper friendly date yet." Chaeyoung chuckled.

The sound of 'friends' made Tzuyu's heart slowly crumble. She meant it in the sense of an actual date, but the girl misunderstood it.

"Chaeyoung, what I mean—

Tzuyu couldn't complete her sentence when the door swung wide to show a beaming tofu.

"Dahyun Unnie!" Chaeyoung perked up just by seeing the girl.

Tzuyu saw the twinkle in Chaeyoung's eyes, the joy in her voice, and the charming grin she gives her whenever she sees her.

The kind of girl she'll never be.

Tzuyu has always had doubts about Chaeyoung's long-time crush, Kim Dahyun. She's older, funnier, and more self-assured than she is. She and Chaeyoung have a lot in common, making them the ideal couple.

"What a painful thing to taste in the eyes of someone who doesn't feel the same way." Tzuyu thought, looking away.

"It's time for dinner." Dahyun informed as Chaeyoung happily sprang out of bed while singing a tune.

"Are you coming, Tzuyu?" Dahyun grinned as she looked at her.

"I'll be there in a second." As the two left the room, she replied by pretending to fix her bed.

Hearing the echoes of faint laughter from Dahyun and Chaeyoung passing along the hall added to the ache in her chest. It made her lose her appetite since she didn't want to sit and watch them be all lovey-dovey. When she heard footsteps approaching, her thoughts were cut short.

"You okay, Tzu?" A sweet voice spoke when the door was slowly opened.

It's the kind of voice that always makes Tzuyu feel comfortable and at ease.