The Art of Hate and Love [MiSana]

Sana x Mina

In the bustling world of competitive high school volleyball, Myoui Mina and Minatozaki Sana were two players from opposite teams who couldn't stand each other.

Mina, the disciplined and strategic setter, represented Aoba Johsai High School, while Sana, the charming but unpredictable spiker, was an important player for Shiratorizawa High School. Their rivalry was well-known and it often resulted in heated arguments and intense matches.

When Mina and Sana first met on the volleyball court, their rivalry began. Both sides engaged in intense battle, showcasing their skills and dedication to win. Sana's quick and unpredictable attacks, however, clashed with Mina's precise and calculated moves. Their rivalry grew more intense with each match.

Throughout their first year, their competition remained strong, even though they weren't on the same team. They frequently crossed paths, intensifying their rivalry.

~

After a tough practice session, Sana wearily walks through her neighborhood streets. The sun sets, casting a warm glow over the quiet area as she heads home. Thoughts of training still buzz in her mind, and she yearns for peace.

Approaching her gate, Sana spots a moving truck parked nearby. Intrigued, she slows down to see what's happening. To her surprise, she sees Myoui Mina, her volleyball rival, unloading boxes from the truck. Their eyes meet, and both freeze, sensing the lingering tension from their clashes on the court.

Sana's mind raced, considering the implications of Mina moving in next door. Would their rivalry deepen into something more personal, or could this unexpected proximity lead to a different kind of relationship?

Gathering her courage, Sana walked towards Mina. She spoke hesitantly, with a hint curiosity in her voice, "Hey." Mina grumbled in response, a tinge of surprise visible in her normally stern behavior at Sana's greeting.

"I...didn't realize you lived here." Sana continued, trying to break the tension. "Looks like we're neighbors now."

Mina answered sternly, but without her typical snarky tone, "Yeah, just moved in. But it's none of your business."

Although Sana saw Mina's reluctance, she decided not to allow their past rivalry to control how they interact in the future. She smiled hesitantly and added, "Well, I hope we can be good neighbors. Maybe even...friends?"

Mina's eyebrows shot up in surprise, her stern facade momentarily faltering. After a brief pause, she grumbled, "Don't get the wrong idea. Being neighbors doesn't mean we'll stop being rivals on the court."

Understanding Mina's pride and competitive spirit, Sana nodded. "Of course." She replied. "Our rivalry pushes us to improve, but I won't forget our last game!" With that, Sana walked away, recalling the intense match with Mina, feeling a mix of frustration and determination. Glancing back once more, she headed inside her house.

Upon returning home, Sana was greeted by her sister, Momo. "Ah, you're back! Have you seen our new neighbor?" Momo asked eagerly, observing the neighbors moving their boxes into the house.

"Yah! Don't be creepy watching them like that." Sana teased, shaking her head. Momo stumbled over her words, while Sana chuckled quietly, amused by her sister's nervousness over a trivial matter. It reminded her of how Momo had always been like that. Since they were both young, Momo had taken care of Sana, as their parents were often away on business trips or too busy to spend time with them.

Initially, it had been tough and lonely for Sana and Momo, but they had fought through it together. Their bond was strong, and they found solace in each other's company. Sana recalled how Momo would worry excessively whenever she got injured playing volleyball, even over minor sprains. At one point, Momo almost called the ambulance because of a small sprain. Even so, Sana was always there to reassure her.