12 - they're all idiots

The next day was Monday.

I had always hated Mondays. I mean, who didn't? But this Monday was worse, far worse. I had to face Ashton. He would definitely be there. I had avoided all four of the boys yesterday, making sure my phone was off as soon as I left the art class.

After the art class, I had driven straight back home, thoughts of Cara clouding up my mind. I didn't want to help her, but there was no chance of me getting out of it.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't friends with Calum, then I never would have got dragged into this craziness.

Now, I was in the passenger seat next to Aaron, who was driving us both to school. He had been sneaking looks at me the whole drive. I had just been staring out the window as familiar lyrics blasted through the speakers.

"Octopus, this is your favourite song and you aren't singing along, what's wrong?" He asked me, taking my hand in his.

I sighed and looked at him. "Stuff you don't want to know about, Ronald."

He laughed at the nickname comeback. I had come up with that on my eighth birthday. One of my friends was pronouncing his name wrong, stressing the -ron at the end and hardly saying the Aa at the beginning, so I started calling him Ronald.

He stopped laughing and became all serious again. "I do want to know. It's making you sad and stressed out. Has something happened between you and Calvin?"

I burst out laughing. "It's Calum, Ron, but no. Nothing's happened."

He sighed, and gave me a forced smile. "Okay."

We continued the short drive in silence. When we got to the school, I kissed my brother on the cheek quickly and ran out the car.

As I waved at my brother and walked backwards as he got out of the car as well, I bumped into someone. We both fell over and I heard mumbled apologies as I rubbed the back of my head.

"No, I'm sorry. It was my fault." I laughed as I helped the girl pick her things up.

When we had finally helped each other up, I got to look at her. She had shiny beautiful blonde hair and pretty blue eyes that reminded me of Luke's eyes.

"Hi! I'm Octavia, but please just call me Tavie." I smiled at her.

She bit her lower lip and stared at the blue converse that were on her feet. "I'm Cassidy." She murmured. I only just managed to hear it.

"I've never seen you around before, are you new?" I asked her with a smile that was meant to give her some more confidence.

"Yeah, I transferred here." She replied with a weak smile in response.

"Awesome! I can show you around if you want?" I offered her.

I heard a slight breath of air that I supposed was a sigh from her and then she nodded in agreement, so I grabbed her hand and lead her inside.

But before we got to the door, Luke stepped in front of us, followed by Michael.

"Don't you think you might be overwhelming the poor girl, Tavie? She's new, she doesn't want to be pulled around the school as if she's some dog on a leash." Luke said, not even glancing at the girl.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I'm sure she's not feeling like that, are you Cass?" I turned to her, and so did Luke. Michael had had his eyes on her the whole time.

"No." She replied quietly, her eyes still on the floor. She refused to look up at the three of us.

"See?" I said defiantly to Luke, a hand on my hip. He rolled his eyes and walked next to me as I lead Cass into the school.

"So what were you up to yesterday?" Michael asked me, he was walking next to Cass and occasionally glancing at her out of the corner of his eye.

"Don't you think we should be talking to Cassidy? I don't want her to feel like the fourth wheel." I said, dodging the question.

"Okay. Hi Cassidy, my name's Michael, and I'm a good friend of Tavie." Michael introduced himself. That was when Cass finally looked up and met his sparkling green eyes.

She couldn't tear her gaze away.

"Hi." She said, a smile spreading across her face.

"I'm Luke, a better friend of Tavie's." Luke cut in, looking at Cass. She turned to him, and smiled in turn at him.

"Hi, Luke." She said.

"And I'm Calum! The best friend of Tavie!" Calum suddenly jumped in, cutting in between Luke and I and pitting an arm around me.

I laughed and put my arm around his waist. "They're all idiots, by the way. I wouldn't follow in there example." I chuckled.

That was when I spotted Ashton. He was glaring at Calum, his stare as cold as ice. I knew he couldn't come over here, because he was a "popular" and so he couldn't ruin his reputation and come talk to the crazy people. I awkwardly looked away as Cal squeezed my shoulder, and turned to Cass.

"So, to the office to get your timetable!" I said, and we all headed there.

_____________________

There's an update for you!

I have put a friend of mine in this story just so you know. Cassidy is Art_Freak_Always and she's a pretty awesome Wattpad friend of mine, go check out her stories! They're awesome :)