17 - mischief michael

*Cassidy's POV*

After English Tavie had run right out of the room, and I didn't get to see what she did when she passed the door, but I think I heard Ashton's voice.

Just as I finished packing all my stuff away, I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to look into those breath-taking green eyes.

"Hi Cassidy." Michael smiled at me.

My hands began to fiddle with each other and my eyes dropped to the floor.

Sometimes I really wish I had some more self-confidence. I wanted to be able to talk to guys more easily, I wanted to be able to look them in the eye when they spoke to me, I wanted to be able to speak to Michael without stuttering on every other word.

"I was wandering if you wanted to do something with me?" Michael asked me, his eyes sparkling.

Oh my gosh.

"S-sure. When?" I replied.

His smile widened and his eyes shone again, but this time his expression was mischievous. "Well, I was thinking now."

I was taken aback at the sudden suggestion, and I had now clue how I formed the next sentence without fainting.

"Um... o-okay. What d-do you want t-to do?" I asked him, running a hand through my golden hair.

He chuckled. "You're so cute."

I blushed as dark a red as the flannel he was wearing.

"Come with me. I'll show you where we're going to go." He held out his hand to me and I ever-so-hesitantly took it.

My first day was going much, much, better than I was expecting.

^•^

I couldn't hide the confusion I was feeling when Michael pulled me into the entrance to the animal shelter.

"Michael, what are we doing here?" I asked him, a smile spreading on my face as I spotted a couple of puppies in a kennel in the corner of the reception.

"I come here every week on a Monday after school." Michael began to explain, going behind the counter.

"Do you work here?" I asked in astonishment.

He scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment. "Kind of. I'm sorry, this is a crappy activity to take you on, but I... I don't know, I thought it was an easy way for you to start to get to know me." He smiled weakly at me and I giggled.

"It's okay, Michael. It's really nice you work here. Can you show me around?" I grinned at him.

Something about Michael made it easier for me to talk to him. I wasn't stuttering anymore. I was absorbing his confidence and expressing it myself.

Michael nodded and took me around the shelter, telling me the stories of each of the different animals. Young and old, cat and dog, each animal had a different background. Their pasts were all equally sad and equally important.

"You know, seeing you with the kittens is so adorable." Michael told me, and I hid my face with my hands.

"Michael! Stop!" I giggled, peeking through my fingers to see him laughing.

"I'm sorry! It's just you're so cute when you blush." He blinked at me, and I turned as if to walk away, but he grabbed my hand to stop me.

I bit my lip and met his gaze, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. "You know Michael, you're pretty adorable yourself." I smiled at him.

He chuckled. "I'm not sure every man wants to be called adorable, but I'll take it as a compliment."

"Okay, you carry on calling yourself a man." I said sarcastically, grinning.

He took his hand back and put it on his heart and pretended to look offended. "Ouch, I am officially hurt. How could you say that to me, Cassidy Jenkins?"

I laughed and shook my head at him. It felt nice to have Michael as the cause of my laughter.

"Michael! I did not hire you so you could take girls here on dates! Get over here and earn the money I give you!" A deep-voiced man shouted out of a window from a room behind dog kennels.

Michael cringed and sighed, looking at me with a shrug. "I guess I'd better take you out some other time, Cass. What's your number?" He took his phone out and looked at me expectantly, a slight smile playing on his lips.

I gave him my number and he walked me out of the shelter.

"Bye Cass. Thanks for coming with me today." He pulled me in for a hug and I hugged him back gently.

"Bye Mikey." I smiled at him and waved as I walked away.

As soon as he was out of my eyesight my phone beeped.

Unknown: hope I can see you again soon, kitten ;) - Mikey xx

____________

There you go guys, a little Mikey + Cass time to take a break from the craziness of Tavie's life.

Okay, I really want you guys to come up with some ship names for the characters in this story.

So... comment your ideas for these ships (and any other ships you think should sail off in this story)

Michael and Cassidy

Tavie and Ashton

Tavie and Calum

Tavie and Luke

Lol okay I'm jealous of Tavie.

Um... I can't think of any more right now... :|