39 - ben, jack and the queen

*tavie's pov* (ooh, do you remember what happened last time we were with her????)

saturday

I stood nervously on Luke's doorstep. It had been five days since I spoke with Ashton at my house, and so far he hadn't tried anything. Luke and I had been alright, but he had been quite distant lately. Hopefully he would be okay today.

He'd invited me round to have dinner with him and his family, and I was quite nervous about meeting his mum for the first time as his partner, especially as she was also my maths teacher. Awkward.

I rang the bell after about two minutes deliberation, and clutched tightly onto the flowers I had bought for Mrs Hemmings. They were a beautiful arrangement of blue and purple, reminding me of a lake I used to visit with my father and my brother at the weekends when we were little.

Luke opened the door for me and saw my nostalgic smile. "Hi Tavie, what are you smiling about?" He pulled me in for a hug and a quick kiss, careful not to crush the flowers between us.

I smiled wider, happy after the kiss and slightly surprised he was being himself again. "Just a memory. Are you alright?"

"More than alright. You look beautiful, by the way." He smiled at me, kissing me again with a quiet giggle to himself.

I blushed, looking at the floor. "Thanks. So do you." I looked up at him, taking in his black button-down shirt and black jeans. He had left his hair flat and was wearing his black vans. I was wearing a simple white dress, and a black jacket over the top, which had long sleeves I could pull over my fists to make sweater paws. I was wearing white heels and had a variety of colourful bracelets on, and I had pulled my red hair into a plait.

"Come in, come meet my family." He put his arm around my shoulder and I clung to his waist with my left arm and held onto the flowers with my right. He took me into the lounge where his brothers were sat on the sofa, and I smiled at them as their heads turned to look at us.

"Guys, this is Tavie." Luke motioned to me and I waved. They stood up and came over, and I pulled away from Luke and switched the hand which was holding the flowers so I could shake their hands.

"Hi Tavie, my name's Jack." He took my hand in a firm grip and smiled brightly at me.

"My name's Ben." The other shook my hand after Jack and I smiled at him.

"It's nice to meet you two. What's Luke like to have as a brother?" I asked, giggling cheekily, and Luke quickly pulled me to the side and led me out of the room before his brothers could tell me anything.

I heard them laughing behind us as Luke guided me into the kitchen. "Mum, this is Tavie."

"Luke, I know who Octavia is, I teach her." Liz laughed slightly as she turned towards us from cooking something on the stove and smiled at me. "You look very pretty, Octavia." She walked over to us and shook my hand.

"Thank you, Mrs Hemmings. These are for you." I smiled at her and handed her the flowers.

"Thank you, these will look lovely in the lounge. Dinner will be ready in about half an hour, Luke you can take Octavia around the house in that time, right?" Liz said to Luke and started searching for a vase.

Luke took my hand and pulled me out of the room and started showing me around his house. When we got to his room, he opened the door and I was surprised to find it neat and tidy.

"I tidied it before you came." He laughed sheepishly and I grinned at him and fell down on his bed. I then spotted a guitar and pointed at it.

"Play something for me?" I pleaded, pouting and giving him puppy dog eyes.