21 - you're so oblivious

~ about two weeks later ~

Pulling my suitcase behind me, I walked towards the coach that all my classmates were crowded around. I spotted Cassy and Michael poking each other playfully while Calum was watching them angrily (obviously annoyed at the fact they were acting so cute) and Luke was next to Calum with Cara attempting to act cute with him. Let's just say, Luke was having none of it.

Adjusting the strap of my backpack on my shoulder, I handed my suitcase to the coach driver, and suddenly felt hands rest on my waist.

I turned, and came face to face with Ashton. My breath hitched, we were so close. My eyes fell on his lips and he began to smirk.

"If you want me to kiss you, you just have to-"

"No! No, Ashton. I do not want you to kiss me." I cut him off, my eyes darting to settle on Calum, who was staring at us with even angrier eyes.

I also saw Aaron (he had been let out of the hospital just in time for the trip), who was looking at me disappointedly.

Why was everyone putting so much pressure on me? And so early in the morning as well.

"I'm looking forward to spending this trip with you, babe." Ashton whispered in my ear. I tried to squirm out of his grip, and he reluctantly let me go.

"Well, I'm not so excited for it." I replied, walking away from him to go and stand with Cassidy.

She smiled at me, her hands gripping to Michael's arm. "Hey, Tavie. How are you?" She asked me.

"Not so great." I answered, sighing. Absentmindedly, I rested my head on my best friend's shoulder.

He immediately stiffened, and I realised what I had just done. I quickly stood up straight again, biting my lip. "Oh, um, I'm sorry Cal. I wasn't thinking." I mumbled, closing my eyes in an attempt to calm myself down.

I felt his arm wrap around my waist and he pulled me closer to his side. I smiled, happy to be closer to him again after a whole two weeks of not talking to him.

"I've missed you Tavie." Calum whispered to me.

I nodded, my eyes still closed. "Let's never fight again, okay?"

"Except over the last watermelon." Calum said, and by the tone in his voice I could tell he was smiling.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked him, opening my eyes and looking up at him with confusion.

He laughed. "Come on, you know ever since we watched Ice Age we would always reinact the fight with the dodo's over that watermelon."

I laughed as the memories came flashing back. That was a very strange time of our lives. "Okay, we will never fight again unless it is over the last watermelon."

Calum nodded and then we both burst out laughing again.

"But seriously, Cal. I am really sorry. I should have told you sooner." I pulled him tightly into a hug, burying my face in his chest and just enjoying the feeling of being so close to him.

He hesitantly wrapped his arms around me, and rested his chin on the top of my head. "I'm sorry for overreacting. I know you didn't mean to kiss him."

I lifted my head to look at him. I saw he was close to tears and i furrowed my eyebrows. "Why are you crying?" I asked him.

He turned away from me and rubbed his eyes with his hands. "I- I'm not crying." When I snorted, he realised he couldn't lie to me that easily. He sighed. "I don't want to burden you with every little detail of my life."

I shook my head, but let it slide. "Okay, Cal."

"EVERYONE SHUT UP." I heard the head teacher of our year shout, and suddenly every student went silent. "Everyone is going to board the coach in their groups. We'll call your groups forward and we will fill the coach from the front to the back."

Then she called each group in the same order as yesterday. Which meant Cassy's group were second to last, and my group was last. Great. I was sitting at the back of the couch with Luke, Ash and Cara.

In the coach, there was an aisle running all the way to the beck of it, and two seats were either side of the aisle. Apart from at the back, where there were five seats.

We got into the coach and I quickly sat in the seat behind Cassy by the window. I pressed my head against the window as I saw Luke quickly sit in the seat next to me. Cara pushed Ashton out of the way and sat on the other side of Luke while Ashton grumpily sat in the other window seat, leaving a seat between him and Cara.

I felt a hand on my leg and saw it was Luke's. I pushed it off and closed my eyes, listening to Cassy's conversation with Sophia. Oh. So Michael hadn't sat next to her. I looked to see Michael on the other side of the aisle and Calum in the seat next to him.

They were eagerly chatting away, while Cal's eyes kept flicking towards me and Mikey's towards Cassy. Ah. Some nice brotherly bonding over girls. Nice.

Sighing, I leant my head back against the window and my eyes landed on Luke's. He held the eye contact and slowly smiled at me. Cara had her head leaning on his shoulder and she was fast asleep.

"You're welcome." I told him.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What for?"

"For getting you that date with Cara. She's really into you, isn't she?" I smiled gently at him, glancing at the pretty girl sleeping calmly on his shoulder. To be honest, they looked pretty adorable like that, even if Luke showed no interest in her at all. What an oblivious little kitten Cara was.

Luke sighed and shook his head. "I never said thank you. Tavie, you should never have agreed to this. I hate it. I'm dating Michael's ex. He was heartbroken when she broke up with him. The only reason he's okay with it now is because he's not interested in Cara anymore; he's interested in Cassidy."

I bit my lip and ran a hand through my hair. "I'm sorry. She was so persuasive, and I can't break promises. If you hate it so much you should just break up with her."

"There's another reason..." he stopped himself from continuing and ran his tongue over his lip ring. God, Luke, you know what that does to me.

"What do you mean?"

He sighed. "I kind of like someone else. And being with Cara is kind of messing that up. I also kind of feel like it's unfair to her..." He shrugged, causing Cara to get nudged a bit. Luckily she didn't wake up.

"Oh. Who's the girl?" For some reason, the information kind of hurt. Yes, I had a crush on Luke but my feelings were all over the place at the moment.

"Oh, Tavie. You are so oblivious to everything." Luke chuckled quietly.

_______________

How is this story so close to 2K? Like... what? Why are you people reading this shxt? It's like really painfully cliché.

But thanks for reading it though, it means a lot (:

If you like this story, you should really go check out some of my other stories (that are much less cliché, I promise) *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink*

Haha, well anyway, thanks for your supportive comments on the last chapter, it really helped me to write this chapter. And I have a plan for the next few chapters now. I'm actually kind of excited (:

(although this story is bad, and you can't dissuade me of that fact. It's such a cliché story)