10 - merry christmas ya filthy animal

At ten past six, I heard a car horn beep from outside the house. I cautiously stood up and grabbed my bag, unsure if I could face Ashton again.

I like sunshines.

What was that supposed to mean? I mean... I understood it and that he liked me, but... he couldn't like me.

It just wouldn't work.

I didn't even like him.

That's strange. You would never think that it would be the loser that didn't like the popular guy back. It's always been the loser who loves the popular guy in vain, not the other way around.

I didn't like it this way around.

I ran out of the house before Aaron could catch me and of course the only space available in the car was between Ashton and Calum.

Ash immediately put his arm around me, and I tried to shake it off, but he wouldn't take it away. I sighed and looked at Calum with an exasperated look. He just responded with an amused expression and took my hand in one of his.

"I like your outfit." Michael smiled at me from in the front seat. Luke was driving, and I had no idea why anyone let him drive.

He looked hot, though. He was wearing a black shirt and in white bold letters on the front it said 'on the naughty list', and he paired this with black skinny jeans. I don't know, it was his normal thing, but I just could never get over the blonde quiff, shiny blue eyes and the lip ring.

When we got there, Ashton finally took his arm away from me. I sighed and got out after him. That was when I saw the back of Michael's redish flannel shirt. It said 'Merry Christmas ya filthy animal'.

"Michael!" I squealed, running up to him and hugging him from behind.

"What?!" He exclaimed, turning around and pushing me away. "You made me jump, Tavie!"

I laughed. "Sorry, it's just... Home Alone! You did not quote it on your shirt." I was fangirling so much right now. Home Alone was the best Christmas movie, in my opinion.

"Yeah I did." He winked at me, grinning and holding back laughter.

"I love you forever oh my god." I grinned, and we all walked inside together.

I stood in the corner when the boys were setting up under the orders of the year 11 girl. She was pointing them this way and that, making them lug amplifiers and microphones in every direction. She was even making them carry a drum kit up to the platform. Yes, it came in pieces but still, Ashton didn't need a whole drum kit.

"Maybe a little more to the left? Yeah, that looks... wait no. Just move a bit more right. No! No not that far you need to be right in the middle, yeah that's- no no! More to the-"

"Okay! Okay we get it, Alice. I need to be in the middle. Tavie, is this the middle?" Luke just had to bring me into this, didn't he?

I sighed and walked further forward to examine their positions on the 'stage'.

"Hm... move a little to the right." I smiled at waved Luke to his right. "Yes, that's perfect."

Ashton snorted, but I couldn't see is expression. Luke's beautiful body was blocking my view. "You think you're real clever, don't you Tavie?" I heard Ashton's voice.

"Well, at least I don't have a tainted view now." I smirked and returned to my place at the back of the room while Ashton's band mates snickered at his unfortunate treatment.

Luke moved back to where Alice placed him and then they began a quick rehearsal before the party. After Alice's kerfuffle with the arrangement of the set, they only had ten minutes to practice with her demanding supervision.