04 - the best mate

That lunch break I went to the art room, looking for my teacher so I could get her opinion on the art class Cal had suggested to me.

When I walked through the swinging double doors, I spotted the purple haired Michael scribbling on a table in the corner on his own. Michael had really only found his few friends through Luke, and Luke was his only real friend, except of course his girlfriend. Him and Cara had been together for almost two years, and I thought they were still going strong.

I intended to ignore him, since that was what we always did, but then I saw a tear fall from his eye to the piece of paper (prepare yourselves, readers, I intend for a major bunch of feels to overload you next).

I was always a sucker for people who needed a comfort, and so I cautiously approached him, sitting on the empty chair next to him. He glanced at me with narrowed suspicious eyes.

"Hi Michael, are you okay?" I asked him. I looked down at the price of paper he was sketching on with a pencil. I saw some Pokemon characters, some random words, and some band logos.

"What kind of a question is that?" He mumbled, sniffing and staring down at the tear-stained piece of paper.

"A thoughtful one." I replied bluntly with a shrug.

"Well, since everyone always says "I'm fine" to that question, even if they aren't, I'm going to say "no" because I'm punk rock." He answered my original question.

I chuckled under my breath at his excuse for telling me the truth, and I nodded at him. "Okay Michael." I whispered, smiling at he continued to sketch Pikachu. "Do you want to talk about it?" I asked.

He looked at me with a scrutinising gaze. Some random girl who he barely knew was offering him a shoulder to cry on.

"I know, it's weird since we hardly know each other, but I don't see Luke anywhere around, so I don't know, I just thought you'd rather let the tears fall on someone warm rather than some adorable sketches." I said.

He shook his head, a slight sparkle breaking it's way through the glazed appearance of his eyes. "I don't know why I'm about to tell you this, but okay, let's go somewhere else though." He stood up, gripping my wrist as he hurried us out of the art room.

We ended up in the corner of the field - where Cal and I always sat - and Michael sat on the grass, me sitting next to him.

"So, what's got me so messed up and unMichaely is that..." he paused, taking a breath as his eyes got shiny and teary again, "well, Cara... Cara broke up with me."

I gasped, shaking my head. "What? Why?"

"She's fallen in love with someone else." He mumbled, his shaking fingers picking at the grass in front of him. His new tears fell onto the grass, making it look like dew in the mornings.

"Oh, Michael, I'm so sorry." I said, moving closer to him and hugging him. His shoulders shook as he silently cried on my shoulder, and he wrapped his arms around me.

"It's Luke, she's in love with Luke." He mumbled.

Oh shucks.

I'm sorry that it's so short, Idek what happened, sooorrrrryyyyyy. So what's going to happen next... ooh. I wander if Luke even likes Cara?

Skendoendnrnrnenemmsndn MY POOR BABY MICHAEL NKANKSWNKW

Okay, so bye my lovelies I shall see you next update. I decided to update today because I was feeling in the right mood for it... lolz. Xx