23 - pink ballerina

The drive to the hotel was pretty boring. I stared out the window the whole time, and the scenery was pretty boring as well.

Although... something about it was beautiful. There wasn't a single motorway or office building in sight, and most of the houses were small colourful buildings with pretty gardens in the front.

We parked in a virtually empty car park in front of a big pink building that I presumed was the hotel.

"Seriously? We're staying in a pink building?" Luke murmured from where he was sitting on one side of me.

I laughed, and stood up as everyone began to disembark from the coach, picking up my bag and slinging it on my shoulder. "Only the best for our pink ballerina." I replied, standing on my tiptoes to ruffle his hair.

His face displayed anything but amusement. "I am not a ballerina."

I laughed again as we climbed off the coach, following Ashton. "But you're really tall, and blonde." I argued, only for the laughs.

He shook his head and gave in, letting out a small chuckle.

"Come on, Lukey, show us your best pirouette!" Cara jumped excitedly, her energy having been renewed after all the sleeping.

"Yeah, Lukey!" I teased, repeating the nickname. "Show us your best ballerina twirl!"

Luke's eyes widened and he shook his head. "Hell no. Never in a million years."

Luckily for him, Luke was saved by Ashton exclaiming a girl's name in utter surprised. I turned to Ash too see him staring at someone and shouting her name again. "Ellie! Oh my god is that you?" He exclaimed, and he began to run towards her.

I let my eyes fall on the girl, and I smiled slightly. She had brown straight hair and I couldn't see her eyes well from this distance, but she looked relatively happy. She was standing behind a tall man with black hair and glasses who looked about in his mid-forties.

She immediately stepped forward when she heard Ashton's voice, and her face lit up in excitement and astonishment. "Oh my word, Ash?!" She exclaimed, and ran to meet him, quickly hugging him when they reached each other.

A couple of the students on the trip with us turned to watch them, and we all stared in surprise as Ashton's face had lost all of it's smug egotistical-ness and he was just... happy.

"It's been so long! How are you?" Ashton asked, staring at her, taking in every changed detail.

"Ash, let's catch up later in private, okay?" Ellie chuckled, glancing around at the surrounding audience nervously.

"Okay, i'm just really happy to see you again." Ashton replied, not taking his eyes away from her.

They kept on talking to each other, but I wasn't interested anymore, so I turned back to Luke and Cara.

"Lukey, I'm still waiting on this pirouette." I told him with a small chuckle.

He shook his head. "You know I'm not going to do that." He replied as we all began to walk inside the hotel.

Once we were all in the lobby, Ms Hemmings stood in front of us all with the man Ellie had been standing beside. Ellie was sat on a chair behind them scrolling through stuff on her phone. Ashton was standing beside me with a big smile on his face.

"Hello everyone. This is Mr Walker and his daughter. Mr Walker is going to be our... tour guide on this trip, and he'll be showing us all the amazing sights the island has to offer." Ms Hemmings began a long-winded speech that ended with her giving out the room keys.

I took our key for my group and led them upstairs, letting Ash just say goodbye to Ellie first.

I opened the door to our room - Calum, Michael, Sophia and Cassy were in a room at the opposite end of the long hotel hallway. Great.

We walked in the room and I quickly took the bed which was furthest away from the other three. Cara took the top bed of the only bunk bed in the room, and Ash took the other single bed, so Luke was on the bed underneath Cara. Cara pulled Luke out of the room to go hang out with her friends, and I was left alone with Ash. I really just wanted to go and hang out with Calum, but I wanted to find out more about Ash and Ellie first.

I sat down next to him on his bed and he turned to me. "Who's Ellie?" I came straight out with my question, not sure how to lead up to it.

Ashton laughed at my bluntness. "Ellie and I were really good childhood friends. We did try and date, but we broke up because it was really awkward." He smiled at the amusing memory. "She moved away soon after we broke up. I had no clue where she moved though. I think she told me but i had no clue was the Isle Of Man was." He shrugged.

"She seems like a really nice person." I observed.

"Yeah, she's amazing. Although, she's kind of shy and really self-conscious, and totally socially awkward." Ashton giggled, and I hit him with a pillow.

"Don't laugh at girl's faults, Ashton Fletcher Irwin." I told him off, hitting him again with the pillow.

"You know, you sound hot when you speak like that to me." Ashton said, and I shook my head.

"Like what?"

"With that authoritative voice." He grinned, winking.

"You've said that to me before." I chuckled, remembering that night we all got drunk after pizza and Aaron drove us all home. And that strange girl... what was her name? Leno, Lilo? Ugh, I can't remember very well.

"When?" Ashton asked, tilting his head questioningly.

"You know, alcohol must be really bad for you if it makes you forget stuff, if you just think about it..." I muttered.

"Whatever." Ashton shook his head with a small laugh.

I got up from the bed and smiled. "I'm going to go find Calum, d'you want to come with?"

Ashton's face fell, and he shook his head, weakly smiling at me. "I'll just stay here, Tave."

I bit my lip and nodded, walking out of the room with worry clouding my head about his change in mood.

// a/n yes, I was feeling strange and decided to put myself in the story, so there I am. Ellie is me :)

but anyways, i felt really bad for not updating, so here's an update

it's not been edited, so i'm sorry for any spelling mistakes etc //