02 - 5 seconds of summer

"Can you believe that jerk? Why would he lie to me? He had that totally cute girl all over him this morning!" I said as Cal fell into step beside me.

Cal sighed. "I can believe him actually."

"What? Why?"

"One, because you are much hotter than that girl." He flattered me. I smiled at him. "And two, because he is a drummer."

"How do you know?"

"Well... he's the drummer in our band."

"What?!" I screeched, causing anyone standing in the same hallway as us to send me dirty looks. I laughed nervously and waved at them, which made them roll their eyes.

"He's the new drummer in our band, the one I was talking about this morning. We couldn't find any others that wanted to be in a band with us, and so we had to go with him." Cal explained.

"Why couldn't you just stay as a band without the drums?" I asked.

"Because it wasn't working. We weren't getting anywhere without a drummer."

"And who exactly is 'we'?" I asked for the millionth time.

"I can't tell you that, Tavie" He replied. I pouted and tugged on his top.

"Come on, please?" I widened my eyes and batted my eyelashes, twirling a bit of hair around my finger.

"Seducing me won't wo-" he started, then I pressed myself to him in a hug, and he cut himself off.

I pulled away again and he was breathing quickly. I smirked and batted my eyelashes again. "Please tell me."

"I-it won't work." He stuttered. Aww he was the cutest.

"Something tells me it might." I dropped my eyes, and then brought them up to his face again with a smirk. He looked down and immediately pulled me in front of him.

"You are going to help me hide this." He whispered in my ear. His breath tickled my neck and I giggled.

"Only if you tell me who the rest of the guys in your band are." I replied with an evil smile.

"You owe me." He said.

"How do I owe you?" I asked him.

"Remember when I saved you from your brother when he caught you making out with Toby last year?" He replied. Oh yeah... Aaron had walked in on me and Toby and had got so mad. But then Cal had come and made up some believable excuse about it being a dare or something like that.

"Ugh fine. But I'll find out eventually. I already know two of you." I replied, and we began to walk. I stood right in front of him and we walked to the football field.

We had this spot where we always sat. It was the furthest corner of the field where no one usually went, and we'd always sit there and chat the whole lunch break, even though I should have been doing art or homework. To be honest, I would rather sit and chat with my best friend.

Cal sat down and pulled me down to sit in between his legs.

"Dude I can feel it, I'm not sitting here." I moved and sat next to him, leaning back.

He pouted at me when I moved away and I started laughing, which made him break his pout and smile instead.

"I'm not meant to be able to do that to you, Cal. I'm your friend." I said, shaking my head at him.

"Just come here and hug me, bestie." He chuckled at the word and pulled me to hug him. I sat right next to him and leant my head on his shoulder.

"So you're in a band with Jerkton, huh?" I said. I was pretty proud of that. A mix between Ashton's name and the word that best describes him: jerk.

Calum burst out laughing. "That name's great!" I nodded. "But yeah, he's the drummer. And since he's a drummer, he's hot, right?" Calum was teasing me, and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Jerkton is an exception." I replied. Calum raised his eyebrows at me and I caved. "Okay, maybe Ashton is kind of hot, especially since he's a drummer, but he's still a jerk and I'd never go out with him."

Calum laughed and nodded. "Well, I'll make sure to tell him that tonight." After my questioning gaze, he explained to me: "We're having a rehearsal tonight."

"Okay, well I'll follow you after school to your rehearsal, and then I'll find out who the rest of your band is." I grinned. He chuckled and laid back, bringing me with him. I leant my head on his chest and sighed. "This isn't what guy-girl friends are supposed to do."

"Well, we're very close friends, so it should be fine." Cal said. I couldn't see his face, so I didn't know what exactly he meant by that.

"But not that close." I added.

He laughed again. "No, not that close."

There was a small pause as we were lost in our own thoughts, then I broke the silence by saying something that had been on my mind for a while. "Cal..."

"Yeah?"

"Why did Ashton come up to me? I mean... why not one of the other girls that he would have been able to get easily?" I asked him, pushing myself away from my best friend and leaning on my elbows, looking directly at him.

"I don't know, Tavie. Maybe the fact that you aren't easy is the reason. Maybe he likes a challenge, I don't know. All I can say is just to stay away from him, and hopefully he'll leave you alone." He sighed, and sat up as well.

"Okay. I'll try." I smiled. Then I saw Luke coming up to us, along with Michael right next to him. My breathing quickened and Calum must have noticed because he chuckled.

"Try not to die before you have a chance to actually use all the information you found out by stalking him." He whispered, nudging me. I stuck my tongue out at him and gradually gained control of my breathing just as he reached us.

"Hi, Octavia." Luke flashed a small smile at me.

"Just call me Tavie." I replied, smiling. "But, um... hi." God, I was so awkward.

"I was wandering if you knew what the maths homework was, I didn't write it down, and since it's due tomorrow..." he shrugged.

"Sure." I rummaged around in my bag and found where I had written down the homework. "It was page 180 and we had to do all of exercise 1." I told him.

"All of it?!" He complained, pulling a face.

I laughed and nodded. "Yep."

He and Michael groaned. "Thanks. We'll see you tomorrow." He said, walking away.

I let out a breath of relief I hadn't realised I had been holding in. "Why do I get like this around him?" I asked myself.

"Because you're funny." Calum answered my rhetorical question.

"Um... is that good or bad?" I asked him.

"It's both." Calum shrugged, and we both stood up and walked into the school building before the bell rang.

Hehe Calum is funny :)

So let's talk about the Good Girls Are Bad Girls video! OMG it's awesome ahhhhhh :O and when they were all talking to the head teacher or whatever he was and they were just sitting there and want they said was hilarious and I just... just... arghhhhhh

So what do you think of the first two chapters? Tell meeeeee hehe :D

I did homework until quarter to eleven this evening and I started as soon as I got home from school. Please cheer me up I feel terrible :(

- Ellie xx