34 - the good guy

Luke texted me about the date on Saturday, and I just said I was happy with what he planned, and then spent the rest of the day in bed. I hardly spoke to anyone, just read my book.

Mum was pretty understanding, and allowed me to spend the day in my room, although I had to go down and eat meals with her and Aaron. Dad was at work for some meeting he couldn't get out of.

Aaron seemed full of energy, happy and bubbly and not drained at all. It annoyed me, actually. He invited me to watch a movie at about seven and I shrugged and agreed. We watched The Amazing Spider-Man, for the millionth time our whole lives.

I woke up refreshed on Sunday, and ready for the dinner-and-a-movie date Luke had planned. He said he intended to be completely cliché, so I was not surprised when he showed up at my house at six that evening with a bouquet of flowers.

I tried to hold back my sneezes as I took the flowers, smiling warmly at his romantic gesture. How was he supposed to know I was allergic to roses? "Thanks, Luke." I kissed his cheek quickly and handed the flowers to my mum, who was standing behind me with her jaw dropped open at the sight of Luke.

I did not blame her, he looked drop-dead gorgeous in his black tank top, leather jacket, and ripped skinny jeans.

Next to him, I felt like we looked quite odd. I was dressed in a floral dress, wrapping a cream cardigan around myself as, although it was a warm evening, I was afraid it could get cooler.

Mum snapped herself out of the trance and took the flowers with a kind smile and nodded at me. "Be back by eleven, Octavia."

"Of course, mum. Love you!" I shouted into the house for my whole family to hear and then let Luke take my hand and lead me to his car.

"You look beautiful, Tavie." Luke smiled at me, planting a kiss on my cheek as he opened the passenger side door for me.

"Thank you." I blushed. "And I could say the same for you." I added, sliding into the passenger seat. He closed the door after me and then hurried to the driver's side.

It was quite strange to have Luke acting like this. He was being so careful and chivalrous. I made my heart flutter, but it also was quite unusual. I mean, when he acted like this normally, he was usually making fun of the gallant acts. He wasn't ever serious about it. But now it seemed like he meant these courteous gestures to be genuine. It confused me, slightly.

When we set off for the cinema, he turned on the radio and I smiled as No Control by One Direction came on, and I turned it up. We both started singing along with it, laughing at our eccentric voices. Neither of us were attempting to properly sing, and it was funny to hear Luke's voice at its worst. I knew he could sing amazingly, but it was nice to hear him joking around.

I was able to get out of his car by myself when we arrived at the cinema. We entwined our hands together as we entered the cinema, and I smiled while Luke started swinging our arms between us. He was just making me happy.

"So, what movie are we watching?" I asked him with a giggle at the fact that he had to stop the swinging motion because we almost hit a middle-aged mother with our hands.

"Pitch Perfect 2!" Luke exclaimed like a young girl. He seemed genuinely excited, which made me laugh.

"Yey!" I clapped my hands together mockingly, but I was actually excited too. The trailers looked epic, and the first one had been amazing. I just hoped it would live up to expectations.

The movie seemed to go like lightning. Luke had his arm around my shoulders the whole time, and it was so comfortable. We both laughed so much, and it was almost uncontrollable at the part where Fat Amy is going across the lake. It was just hilarious.